1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

GHS Pressurewounds on Yamaha TRB 5P? Anyone tried that?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by DSBass, Jan 11, 2014.

1. DSBass

DSBass

I have just got a Yamaha TRB 5P. I have always played with GHS Boomers but have been curious about trying the Pressurewounds.
    Have anyone tried those on the TRB 5P? I play mostly rock. I dont like harsh sounding strings.
    Would these be good or should I keep playing Boomers?

Thanks for answers.
    Best regards/Daniel
  2. GHS Official

GHS Official

Disclosures:
    Official Online Voice for GHS Strings & Rocktron
    To my ears, Pressurewounds start tonally where Boomers are broken in, and then mellow a little more from there. They retain that sound and feel for a lengthy amount of time.

Here's a video (with old and new string audio clips) that I made, well before joining the company in this capacity.

Pressurewounds Demo: Used & New
  3. DSBass

DSBass

Thanks for the quick answer. How would the tension be vs the Boomers? I play pretty hard a lot and wouldn't want the strings to be to floppy.

Best regards/Daniel
  4. bassman blue

bassman blue Supporting Member

I had pressure wounds on my trb 5p and loved them... you won't find them low tension at all... probably pretty similar tension wise to the. Boomers.... besides, if you don't like them, I will buy them from you! :)
  5. GHS Official

GHS Official

Disclosures:
    They should be fairly comparable to the Boomers, maybe even a little more stiff feeling, given the materials used.
  6. Stone Soup

Stone Soup

Disclosures:
    GHS Strings, HipShot Products, Pick Guy custom picks
    I agree. They are very close tonally, but not as bright, and they are stiffer feeling.
  7. DSBass

DSBass

Thanks for all answers everyone. I think Im gonna try these out then. Just one more question. How do they feel? I hope they are not sticky feeling.

Best regards/Daniel
  8. GHS Official

GHS Official

Disclosures:
    They are not. They have a smoother feel than a regular roundwound, but not flat.
  9. DSBass

DSBass

Thanks a lot. Well, I will order the Pressurewounds then :)

It sounds like I will love them.

Thanks for the help all of you.

Best regards/Daniel
  10. soulman969

soulman969

I don't think you'll be at all disappointed with them. If there was only one type of string I could choose for both my basses those would be it. They have a tremendous amount on tonal versatility and they're easy on the fingers.