GHS Progressives

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by hotbass57, Nov 18, 2012.

1. hotbass57

hotbass57

Got a set for free to try. Love the feel and the low E on my Vm fretless is thunder. They seem well balanced with nice sustain. Will give them a workout and report back. I saw Jason has these for $9.00.

2. Thundar

Thundar Supporting Member

Love em...I just bought 3 sets from him myself!

3. willsellout

willsellout

Who has them for 9 bucks?

**edit** nevermind.

Yeah I've been playing progressives for years. I discovered them from Pete Hanewinckel as that is what arrived on my custom. Ever since I've been a user.

4. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner: BassStringsOnline.com
    Very limited quantity remaining! ($9 is for VIP's)

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. hotbass57

hotbass57

Yes just email Jason your TB user name to get VIP price and the best customer service on the planet!

7. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

I tried a set of GHS Progressives once around 15 years ago. Got a very weird intonation problem with them. Since the "E" string is tapered, and the A, D & G strings are not, it required me to bring the "E" string bridge saddle way down toward the butt end of the instrument, as far as it would go.

Turns out, that was the only string I could get fully intonated - and I did it by myself, using a Korg tuner and my ears. The A, D & G strings required me to move those saddles completely in the other direction - up toward the neck. But as I simply ran out of adjustability room on the bridge, I never could get those strings fully intonated.

Eventually, I had to just throw that set away. I think I got a set of D'Addario XLs to hold me over until my next regularly scheduled string change... :meh:

MM