1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Gibby EB-0

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by magnaton, Jan 8, 2014.

1. magnaton

magnaton

Just pulled the trigger on my first vintage bass... a beautiful Gibson EB-0 from 1962. I know Pbasses get a lot of the love on this forum, but for me, that black bucker on a shortscale is really the bees knees. It's all there with the exception of the string cover. Any idea where I can find a nickel replacement (original spec or tarnished reissue)? eBay is coming up short and historically seem to favor the chrome ones.

Many thanks!

2. SturmUndDrang

SturmUndDrang

Thunderbucker ranch is making repro nickel silver covers for thunderbirds, so they might be able to make one for your EBO.

3. magnaton

magnaton

Thanks very much for the lead. They said they'd be happy to help, but need the dimensions. This is quite awesome. If anyone here in talkbass land has a circa 1962 EB-0 with the nickel string cover/ handrest, would you mind please measuring the dimensions of the piece for me? I'd be extremely, extremely grateful!