Gibson SG Drop In

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Quap, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Quap

Quap Supporting Member

What pickups are drop in replacements for the Bridge and neck pickup on a Gibson SG Faded?
  2. SturmUndDrang

SturmUndDrang

3. Quap

Quap Supporting Member

New to Gibsons, so excuse my ignorance. Are his EB pickups drop ins for the SG?
  4. SturmUndDrang

SturmUndDrang

They are made for EB style Gibsons EB3, EB0 and the SG design is derived from those models. So they should fit the SG as well. Another option would be allparts. Probably a good idea to check with the manufacturers before making a purchase.
    http://www.allparts.com/bass-pickups
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Olde Axeman

Olde Axeman

Well, it's just my opinion but I daresay most people who want a drop-in pickup that adds clarity without costing a fortune get a Dimarzio Model 1. It's one of the more popular SG pup replacements and costs under $100.

Actually though, there's nothing wrong with the stock pickups. You just have to EQ your amp differently than you would for a Fender bass. Boosting the mids and cutting the bass is key, IMHO, and sounds especially good to me through an Acoustic B200H head with a 1x15 cab.

I'd try different strings and EQ settings before leaping off into mod territory. D'addario black tapewounds give the stock SG bass a particularly nice clean tone.