1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Gibson Tbird players question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by svp, Mar 2, 2014.

1. svp

svp Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2007
    Atlanta
    Recently acquired a Gibson Tbird and when using a strap the top of the body of the bass leans out away from my body a little, is there something that can be done to correct this?

2. Mark4

Mark4

Oct 21, 2007
    If you want to stop the lean, then run the strap over the tail end of the bass instead of behind it. I actually like the lean as it makes playing more comfortable for my fretting hand, so i run the strap behind the bass, but do whatever works better for you.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. JIO

JIO Gold Supporting Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Pacifica CA
    Disclosures:
    musician/artist/owner - Gildaxe
    like this - done it from the start - works great

[​IMG]

5. Hi.

Yep, run the strap on front.

Unless someone has moved the rear strap pin upwards in an (futile) attempt to fight the alledged neck-dive. Then it doesn't quite hold in there.

Regards
    Sam

6. svp

svp Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2007
    Atlanta
    So moving the strap peg to the upper bout will cause neck dive?

7. RickC

RickC Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2005
    Also works with a NR, believe it or not. That's the way I used to run mine, back in the 70's.

/rick

8. Hi.

Nope, it'll reduce it to a degree if the instrument is held in a certain angle, but if the rear strap pin location moves upwards, the roll-over prevention possibility by running the strap across the top of the bass is more or less lost.

Regards
    Sam