Gibson Thunderbird 76

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BawanaRik, Apr 4, 2014.

1. BawanaRik

BawanaRik Supporting Member

I have had this bass for close to 4 decades. And really haven't played it much. Cool bass.

The nickel tuners feel like they've got a bit of corrosion. The chrome is really better but nickel is cooler. I might even have the covers somewhere.

These aren't the most fungible of instruments. I think Gibson only made a couple of thousand of them. I'm going to start asking $3500. If that's out of hand talk to me.

Headstock hasn't been broken unlike so many others. When you come to look at the bass bring cash because if you break it you bought it. I've protected this headstock for most of my life. Time for someone else to do it.

I just took a quick pic. If I get interest I'll do more and hopefully better.

I'm located mere minutes from rt 80 in Rockaway NJ. Looking for local pickup. I'm not into packing.

Attached Files:

2. BawanaRik

These pics might be a bit better.

I'm not the best photographer and am open to suggestions as to getting better pics.

Attached Files:

3. Rocker47

Rocker47

The bass of my dreams bump! Colour and all. WOW!

4. BawanaRik

Where are you located?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Rocker47

Rocker47

I'm in Alberta, Canada. :( something this expensive would get nailed for taxes crossing the border. It really sucks. Such a beauty. Some day I'll have one.

7. BawanaRik

UPS would charge the extra large package surcharge and then there's aborder charge and then there's the import taxes.

There's a reason I like local pickup for most devices.

8. Rocker47

Rocker47

Ya it's not he shipping charges I would be worried about. It's the tax called "duty" or if that's not applicable then we for sure get nailed with GST(goods and services tax) so tack another 5% on to the declared value. It's rough.