1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

gibson thunderbird fake?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by r0dr1, Nov 29, 2013.

1. r0dr1

r0dr1

2. jason the fox

jason the fox Often rocks and rarely rolls. Supporting Member

I'm not an expert, but it looks real to me. I have a Gibson Thunderbird, 2006 I believe. Mine was from shortly before they went with the white lining in the cases.

But yeah - that looks like a real one. Just curious, what makes you question it?
  3. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

+1
  4. Panther

Panther

Looks good. Why the confusion?
  5. r0dr1

r0dr1

i dont know the fingerboard was a little suspicious to me, it wasnt dark like the other photos of thunderbird basses, does it can be for the use?
  6. jason the fox

jason the fox Often rocks and rarely rolls. Supporting Member

Some Rosewood can be darker or lighter than others. And I may be wrong, but I think they used ebony for a while too, and that's practically black with almost no visible grain to it.
  7. stiles72

stiles72

Looks real. Rosewood can vary in color - but there was also a short time when Gibson did make some Tbirds with baked Maple. I don't think this is one of them - but you never know.