Gigbags: Fender Custom Shop Reunion Blues vs. Reunion Blues Continental

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by el murdoque, Feb 9, 2014.

1. el murdoque

el murdoque

The title mostly says it.
    I was falling in love with the Reunion Blues Continental gigbag.
    Then i was offered a Fender Custom Shop Reunion Blues gigbag at a much better price.

When i compare the pics online, i can't spot a difference except for the logo. And as the name suggests, i suspect that both bags are made by Reunion Blues, only one with the Fender Logo.
    I can't compare them a/b and have to order online. Has anyone seen both and can comment on them ?

2. Not yet

Not yet

Thinking same thing and it's a cooler color. Have the regular Continental for years and couldn't be happier

Only thing keeping me from the custom shop version is that it looks so good, says custom shop and shouts steal me. Other one doesn't look like it's got a big $$ bass inside

3. el murdoque

el murdoque

Can you confirm they are the same ?
    Interesting thought about the Custom Shop Logo - especially when i'm considering getting that one because it's cheaper ;-)

4. Testing123

Testing123 Eschew obfuscation Supporting Member

Found the following on the Reunion Blues Backstage Banter (The Reunion Blues Blog) @ http://reunionblues.com/blog/2012/0...ender-custom-shop-rb-continental-guitar-case/

If you read (what appears to be) the 2nd paragraph (begins just under the Continental pic), it talks about the durability and superior protection of the RB Continental case.

It then discusses the construction and materials used. Check it out. From memory (I didn’t research the RB site) it appears to be the same case.

Finally, the article concludes with the following:

“The renowned quality of Reunion Blues cases, paired with Fender’s reputation for delivering iconic instruments and gear results in a superior case with a perfect combination of function and style – an ideal solution for discerning musicians.”

I believe this says it pretty clearly: “…quality of Reunion Blues cases, paired with Fender’s reputation for delivering iconic instruments and gear…”

RB provides the cases (probably complete with Fender's logo) and Fender distributes/sells them. Businesswise, win-win (I guess).

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Not yet

Not yet

What price you see it for Op?

7. Duuuuuuuuuude

Duuuuuuuuuude

8. bassike

bassike

Last time I checked the fender one was more expensive.
    Where did u find it?

9. el murdoque

el murdoque

I got a special deal on the Fender with a music shop in Germany.
    To cut a long story short, you can say i could get the Fender offered for €100,- because i had a voucher.
    Both the Reunion Blues and the Fender are priced at €169,- in the usual german online shops.

I went with the Fender Bag and i guess the two are the same, only in different colors.
    The Fender has the Fender Logo on the Bag and on the inside there is a patch in the lid to cover the fuzzy padding where the headstock is - that patch has a fender logo, too.
    But the Bag has Reunion Blues tags attached. I doubt that RB has developed a whole new bag just for Fender, it sounds much more reasonable if they just took their Continental bag and rigged it with Fender artwork. The name suggests that as well.