Gigging and Screaming

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by We_are_peppers, Nov 4, 2013.

1. We_are_peppers

We_are_peppers

What types of venues are looking for a post-hardcore band? That genre isn't really my forte, but I'm getting really involved with what was supposed to be an experimental group. Suppose a bunch of perfectionists all with different tastes and influences manage to pull together a set of originals with one or two covers thrown in for kicks. Where would we look to get heard? And ideally, paid?

2. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Supporting Member

I have no idea because I have no idea where you are. However, most areas have some sort of free newspaper, usually weekly, that lists what's going on around town that week. You find them in gas stations, pizza places, public libraries. There will usually be a music section that will list what's happening at the active venues around you. Use it to make a list and scout out places that seem promising. Find where bands similar to yours are playing and try to get in there. If a place only books classic rock cover bands, they probably won't be interested in you.

The word all around is that the market is shrinking and gigs are getting harder to come by, especially for originals. Good luck.