1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Gigging Set ups

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Rolfskylark, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Rolfskylark

Rolfskylark

I am very interested in seeing your gigging set ups.
    I am especially interested in seeing setups that use combo extension cabs.
    thanks

2. shawshank72

shawshank72

Traynor DNB112 w/ 12 inch ext.
    Awesome setup.

Attached Files:

3. C47

C47

Ampeg PF500 w/ 410HLF

4. G On Bass

G On Bass Previously Grateful Supporting Member

My Carvin MB15 w/115MB extension cab. 250W of very clean, very light thunder:

[​IMG]

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Jeb

Jeb

I'll use my Carvin BX500 or GB shuttle 6.2 over either a single 4 ohm GK MBE212 cab or a pair of 8ohm Avatar B210 neo cabs (stacked vertically). Either way it works pretty good. Rehearsal with the band is a PV TNT115 and personal practice at home with Ampeg BA108.

7. shawshank72

shawshank72

Was tempted to buy that setup also but import charges and shipping to canada was brutal.

8. fivestringgecko

fivestringgecko Supporting Member

My main rig is a Shuttle 6.0/Bergantino CN112(x2) setup, and the secondary/backup rig is an Ampeg PF500/PF115HE(x2) stack.

I usually run the Bergs with my main band, an 11-piece funk gig with 5 horns... The Bergs have more definition and cut through a little more, without needing volume. Even at our louder bar gigs, I've never had the volume knob on the Shuttle above 9:30-ish.

I bring the Ampeg stack to gigs with my urban gospel band, because we lean into the hip hop/R&B sound, so I go with the 15's. Plus, we've wound up in sketchy territory on several occasions for "outreach" and "ministry opportunities" :)hmm:) and that's my "bar" rig. ;) It lacks the definition and clarity of the Bergs, but it works better with that band for the reasons above. We have 10 vocalists, 2 keyboard players, a loud*ss drummer AND a sequencer for backing tracks.

5sg.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. rodl2005

rodl2005

Nice rigs 5SG. Cool AND compact. 👍👍👍

I, too, use a GB Shuttle 6.0 and also an Aguilar TH500 into one (but usually two) Bergantino AE112 cabs

With the TH500 powering the 2 AE112'S
    [​IMG]

Also I use a Fender Super Bassman 300 into a Bergantino NV412 when the gig and its access allow.
    [​IMG]

10. fivestringgecko

fivestringgecko Supporting Member

Thanks! Both rigs have worked out really well.

That TH500 has been high on my list for quite a while too, but the Shuttle is working well, so that GAS has been held at bay. ;) It sounds awesome with the CNs!

I've also wanted to check out the Bassman amps, but it's hard to justify an amp that weighs more than my entire gig rig. lol

5sg.

11. Broadstbully22

Broadstbully22

My most recent picture. Two 350s in stereo off a zoom b3, sony wireless, power conditioner and my mia jazz.

12. makohund

makohund

Haven't actually gigged the whole thing at once yet, but I think I just might in a couple weeks.

[​IMG]

Iffy pic... basically B3K, B3, Torpedo CAB, Monique, IPR3000, fEarful 1212/6/1 + 15/6/1.

13. rodl2005

rodl2005

The TH500 is a beauty. Totally different to the Shuttle but that's cool as I take one or the other depending on the gig/band/my mood etc. .. 😉
    Love the 6.0 tho. It's a great, tiny piece of quality gear that keeps on sounding terrific.
    Understand re the weight of the SB300. It's 65lbs... so 20lbs lighter than the SVT. And sounds as good if not better imo. Sure is far more versatile with its blendable overdrive.
    I sometimes question taking it myself, as both my class D's sound fantastic, but thru the sealed NV412 it really is a dream. And while feeling your chest thump with its sheer heft & gracious thump those questions fade away. .... Until load out 😉
    Nah.... I only take the Super Bassman when there is good access- no stairs, close parking to stage etc etc.... Usually I can tote it in on a small fold out hand kart, so it's all cool.

14. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps
    Combo extension cabs, you say? Let's rock with the king daddy of combos with extension cabs, then:

[​IMG]

15. AaronVonRock

AaronVonRock

I use an Orange Terror 500 with two Hartke Hydrive 112. It does the job and it's easy to transport.

16. Rolfskylark

Rolfskylark

I really like alot of these setups,
    I especially like Grateful's Carvin setup.
    I was looking at a couple of the Carvin Mini-Stacks,
    And I had a question.
    Is it better/louder to have 2x15 or 4x10?

17. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps
    That all depends on the individual rigs themselves and isn't always the same. But generally with most commercial bass cabs, a 215 and 410 will have approx. equal output. Again, this isn't always the case, and cab and speaker design can affect it dramatically sometimes, but a 410 and 215 with approx. equal frequency response will generally have very similar output levels.

18. Rolfskylark

Rolfskylark

19. chris_b

chris_b

Over the last 5 years I've played through 1, 2 or 3 AE112 cabs depending on the size of the gig. My Thunderfunk covers the 2 ohm gigs.

I like modular rigs but since last year I've played 99% of my gigs with a TH500 through a CN212.

20. Alexander

Alexander

I don't have any pictures, but have one rig and another arriving tomorrow. My main rig is a Mesa Walkabout into a Bergantino HD212 cabinet. Ample volume (for me) and tone for days (and days).

I have a Fender Bassman 300 arriving tomorrow to sit atop my Berg NV412 (so basically Rod's rig). The Mesa rig is great, but for my old country, blues and rock band, I feel I need "that" sound that only comes with tubes and a sealed cabinet. It was down to that or an SVT and the choice was easy for me - same presence, with more flexibility and 20lbs lighter. That 20lbs is significant to me. Though we typically help one another with load-ins/outs, I don't like to rely on it. The Ampeg is pushing the limits on what I can comfortably carry any distance. The Bassman will be pretty manageable by comparison.

21. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

This is what I will be using at my next gig.

BFR Sterling HS 5 -> Ampeg PF-500 -> greenboy DuallyT.

[​IMG]