1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Gigs! Gear! & Guns!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Vintage Guy, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vintage Guy

Vintage Guy Supporting Member

Merry Christmas too all the Bass Playing Gun owners on here. Have a safe and Happy Holiday Season!
  2. troutbum22

troutbum22

Good Story. I don't go anywhere without a heater anymore.
  3. s4001

s4001

I keep one for the house, but don't travel with it unless I'm going to the range.
  4. s4001

s4001

On a very related note. My drummer was helping me move into my house. One trip from the truck, I was crossing the street with a gigbag in one arm, a Arlington Armory box in the other and a cigar in my mouth. My drummer said it would make a classic album cover.
  5. bkbirge

bkbirge Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Steak n Shake
    Are you not worried about the vibrations setting it off? The pic looks like one mistep would set the hammer back.
  6. Biggbass

Biggbass

Dude...get a shoulder holster. It's a lot easier to wear than a bass cab.
  7. 6stringpanda

6stringpanda

Funny-My wife things I am nuts but last time we moved I waited until night to bring all my instruments and guns into the house-and I spend alot of money boxing up guitar and gun cases so they didnt look like guitars and guns!

"Just cause you think everyone is out to get you doesn't mean they aren't"
  8. Robert B

Robert B Supporting Member

That could have been bad news! I hear Maryland is tough on guns. That's why I never drive through Maryland on the way to Ohio - I go via West Virginia, which keeps me legal.
  9. Hobobob

Hobobob Don't feed the troll, folks. Supporting Member

Get a gun safe. That is not responsible firearms ownership.
    I live in California and I really dislike all the regulations and laws attached to owning firearms here. But what I really hate is irresponsible gun owners who allowed their poor decisions to add fuel to the regulation fire. As a gun owner, your actions reflect on all of us, and this particular action doesn't look good at all.
  10. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN" Supporting Member

sorry, but if you have to carry a gun to a gig you have major issues, IMHO. :rollno:
  11. 10cc

10cc

Yep
  12. bluebird28

bluebird28

I don't understand all this gun safe crap. If you have a gun in your home for safety, then how in the hell is a gun going to help you if it is locked up in a safe?
  13. D.A.R.K.

D.A.R.K.

Wow, that was really stupid! And people wonder why others want more stringent gun laws…. this is exactly why.
  14. the yeti

the yeti

why? because something could of happened? it didn't. no harm no foul. for many issues in america there's no foul even if there's actual harm.
  15. CapnSev

CapnSev Supporting Member

Here we go again- and this time its migrated its way away from OT.
  16. tr4252

tr4252

100% support for that. We all suffer a lowest common denominator factor; that being that the dumbest potential use of an object is where they set the laws at. And for good reason. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people doing dumb things, which screws things up for those of us who are responsible with their firearms.

OP, with all respect, if you didn't even remember the gun was in your amp, you probably shouldn't be licensed. As a former L.E.O., I'm painfully aware of the crimes committed with "stolen" guns. I hope you will be more careful in the future.

Tom
  17. tr4252

tr4252

The forum wouldn't print the one-word reply I submitted, so I guess I need to be less graphic. What I said was, in a one word response;

Bull"waste"!

Tom
  18. repoman

repoman

haha, you gun guys kill me...wait...that didn't come out right. :cool:
  19. hennessybass

hennessybass Supporting Member

No matter what your feelings on guns, Hobobob is exactly right.

Guns are not toys, they are tools designed with one thing in mind (to kill), and you "accidentally" took one to a night club full of people under the influence of alcohol. And then, decide to share on the internet in a "humor" forum.

IMO, these actions show a person too irresponsible and too immature to handle the responsibilities of gun ownership.
  20. D.A.R.K.

D.A.R.K.

Because of this type of irresponsible behavior, bad things do indeed happen, all the time. Which is why we can't have nice things.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.