Gigs

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Unspoken511, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Unspoken511

Unspoken511

Hey Guys. Do you guys have any advice for getting discovered? Not so much as a band, but more of a single session gig, or a session musician gig, you know what I mean?

2. bluewine

bluewine Banned

Usually their local outstanding musicians that have been around for thelast 30-40 years. They are people with a sucessful track record and some sort of body of work their known for. People who have paid their dues.

Blue

3. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

You need to get out and play. I know that's exactly what you want and doesn't really help, but that's also really the only way to do it.

Start looking for any musicians classifieds that you can, and contact every single one of them that is looking for a bass player.

4. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Get out there and get yourself known.

You want to be known as a team player, a guy that shows up for load in, and sticks around until the last bit of equipment is in the trailer.

You do not want to be known as a douche bag or a P.I.T.A.

Douche bags have to be extremely talented for other musicians to be willing to try to look the other way as far as douchebaggery is concerned. It usually doesn't last very long.

A team player on the other hand is always welcome. You still need chops, but you'll get fired "for no reason" a whole lot less than the douche bag.

It's all about building a reputation. If you're known as a decent player that's easy to work with, you'll get more gigs than if you're a prodigy with the personality of Idi Amin.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MrLenny1

MrLenny1 Supporting Member

Hang around your local scene, sit in at Jams, play out, get to know
    the veteran players, they are the ones with solid contacts.