Girls from the past.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by NYCbassist, Dec 29, 2012.

?

Is there a Girl from your Past that Still owns your Heart?

Poll closed Dec 31, 2012.
  1. Yes

31 vote(s)
    35.2%
  2. No

57 vote(s)
    64.8%
  1. NYCbassist

NYCbassist Supporting Member

Is there a girl from your past that could steal you away from your present girl.
  2. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

Nope. They're in the past for a reason.
  3. Thick McRunfast

Thick McRunfast Not just good, good enough Supporting Member

+1

Never look back
  4. Definitely

Definitely Banned

Yes, a girl I could never get, I tried, and can only wish I have another opportunity (I'm in high school, see her everyday).
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

Don't limit yourself to just one girl. High school sucks for many reasons, but it's also pretty great in some respects, too. Like you said, you get to see a lot of people on a daily basis. You won't get that ability once you reach college, so go ahead and use that to your advantage by dating/hanging out with as many girls as possible. Figure out what you like to have in a partner and take that information with you to college. You can consider dating someone more seriously then.
  7. two fingers

two fingers Loud Mouth Know It All Blowhard Gold Supporting Member

No way. I made a mess of a lot of relationships right up until the day I met my wife. After that, past flings and long term girls became just that. I had to get down right ugly with one who just wanted to stop by or call all the time. (She was a mess to begin with.... long story.) But these days not a new or old girl could get between me and my wife. Not a famous star, not a rich cougar, not a young kid at school (I'm in college full-time at age 41). No way. No how. Not even close. I go out of my way to flash my wedding band as both a shield and a badge of honor. I bore people to death talking about her and my kids.
  8. Definitely

Definitely Banned

Thanks jmatt, I'm in a quasi-relationship now, and have moved on from her, but I know in the back of my mind that if she ever came to me I'd be there in a heartbeat.
  9. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL A Hard Rockin Lover of GREENBURST Supporting Member

Media:
  10. bassistjoe93

bassistjoe93 Supporting Member

11. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Supporting Member

I'd trade for the Absolute vodka model I dated, with my wifes personality, minus all complaining.
  12. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties Supporting Member

Constantly. Chronically. Yes.

To one extent or another there's always some girl from my past who haunts my dreams. In fact, every girl I've ever loved, every girl I've ever known, has affected me in some way or another.

And when I go, I always leave at least a small part of myself behind. That's just the way it is with me... :meh:

MM
  13. jonathan_matos5

jonathan_matos5

there will always be the one that got away. I wouldn't give up it all to be with her though. sometimes what you have is better!
  14. two fingers

two fingers Loud Mouth Know It All Blowhard Gold Supporting Member

Even if you're not into country music, or religion, check out "Unanswered Prayers" by Garth Brooks. It may give you a different perspective.
  15. HaMMerHeD

HaMMerHeD

The ghost of happiness past is beautiful, seductive, and murderous. Memories have a way of choking out the present.

I...broke into tears in a meeting at work. Happiness, I have come to believe, is evil.
  16. kanonfodr

kanonfodr Supporting Member

Kinda, but one is happier seeing women than me, one would have to do a LOT of changing based on what I know of her recent history, and the last...she knows she can find me if she ever wants me. Until then, I'm not doing the Candle in my Heart bit, so on to new pastures.

Peace,
    Greg
  17. murphy

murphy

My God I am so happy and lucky to have my wife now....I would nver trade her for any of my exes
  18. stratovani

stratovani

I don't want to say that she still owns my heart, and that she would take me away from my wife, but on occasion I still think of my first steady girlfriend. Her name was Theresa, she was 16, and I was 18, back in the early 70s. I was crazy about her for the longest time. Alas, it wasn't meant to be. I got a Dear John letter from her (does anybody remember letters?) saying that she had met another guy and we were through. 40+ years later, I still think about her, how beautiful she was, and what ever happened to her. :cool:
  19. AmpedSilence

AmpedSilence

^ I share the same general feeling..

To answer the OP, no.

There are girls that come to memory from time to time but I would not break my current realtionship over getting back with one of them.
  20. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

I would say "no," even though I'm currently single. I'm with Jmatt for the most part; things didn't work out for a reason. There are only two exes I would ever give a second thought to being with again. One is sort of the "one who got away" that everyone has. The other one is just someone whom I know I would have fallen in love with if we had continued to see each other. After we broke up, she pursued me relentlessly. I hung out with a bit and we had some good times, but I never pursued another relationship with - partially because I generally have rule against dating exes as stated above, and secondly because I was about to enter a relationship with the other woman I just talked about.
  21. shackled

shackled

Yes- I screwed up the best relationship of my life and would give up everything for another chance with her. :meh: