1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Give me a reason not to...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by shackled, Dec 31, 2012.

1. shackled

shackled

Hey guys!
    I've been looking for a Jazz bass for a while now.
    Today I saw a G&L Trib JB-2 at a local shop for what I consider to be a good price. Has anyone had any experience with these? It feels and sounds good; I just want to get some feedback on this bass if at all possible.
    Thanks in advance! :)
  2. ggvicviper

ggvicviper P is the Key. Call me Marc or Marky Potatoes. Gold Supporting Member

Happy new year in NYC!

Owned two G&Ls. They're generally very good basses. Never played the JB2, but if it feels good to you, then I would say go for it.
  3. leegreenman

leegreenman

I love my Tribute JB 2.
  4. 1954bassman

1954bassman

Probably a great bass.
  5. shackled

shackled

Thanks, guys. I'm basically trying to talk myself into this. More research is in order.
  6. loanqotr

loanqotr

Happy new year in NYC![​IMG]
  7. bassbenj

bassbenj

Well if you are trying to talk yourself into it, you've come to the right place! TB is your one stop source of GAS!
  8. BoomBoomOGTL

BoomBoomOGTL Supporting Member

Hello Music had the Tribute JB-2 for $329 new the past couple of weeks...
  9. plankspanker13

plankspanker13

My first G&L was a Tribute JB-2. I now have a pair of US specimens. They are excellent mod platforms, but one should be aware of the fact that the Tribute models have identical pickup routing, whereas the USA ones have graduated routing, like a Fender.
  10. shackled

shackled

Thanks for that. Unfortunately, they're sold out... :meh:
  11. TheAnalogKid

TheAnalogKid Yer Doin' GREAT!!!! Supporting Member

Any chance you looked into a Schecter 'Diamond J'? I'll grant that the pups and pickguard make it looka little weird but you either like it or dislike it. On the fence myself about pulling the trigger on one, a "blemished" for ~300 and change.

This is the one I'm leaning towards:

Schecky DJ.jpg
  12. shackled

shackled

No, I haven't. That's a nice looking bass, though.
    This is the model I'm looking at. It's kind of similar.

Attached Files:

13. TheAnalogKid

TheAnalogKid Yer Doin' GREAT!!!! Supporting Member

Cool! When I linked to Hello Music and saw the G&L Tribby JB at 329, my eyes bugged out like a character out of a 1940s cartoon. When I notice the "Sold Out", I thought: "awww, damn!". G&Ls have a special place in my heart; I used to own one.
  14. Subersibo

Subersibo Supporting Member

I say go for it. My jb2 tribute has been a very dependable workhorse. Many basses have come and gone over the last 3 yrs but this has stayed with me. It's just so comfortable to play and always sounds great.
  15. shackled

shackled

I did go for it! And I'm loving it.

[​IMG]