1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Gk 1001rb Question

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by ForcedAbortion, Nov 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForcedAbortion

ForcedAbortion Banned

Hey all........I forgot the password to the account and email to my other account, which I've had since 8th grade. Anyways, I'm looking at a used 1001rb, which I want to run into my Backline 410 II 400 watt and Goldline gx 300 watt woofer. Will it blow out my speakers? I've read that this amp runs 480 to the horn and 220 to the woofer.......my backline is only 400 watts. together, the stack equals 700 watts. Will this blow out my speakers completely? or will i be fine as long as I don't go full blast?

2. Dave W

Dave W Previously bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

Are you referring to a 1001 RB or an RB-II?

It can easily blow just about any speaker
    It does not send 480w to the horn
    Yes you will be fine as long as you listen to your cab. If it sounds like you're doing bad things you probably are.

3. B-string

B-string Gold Supporting Member

^1 advice there.

Neither of those cabs will have access to the horn amp (50 watts @ 8 ohms, 75 watts @ 4 ohms). The horn "tweeter" amp is only used with the horns in artist series cabs like SBX, RBH and NEOs.

4. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: VF Cables, Dirtbag Clothing
    And you felt that was a good name to use this time ? :eek:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Agreed 1000%. If you want to be taken seriously, a user name that shows some modicum of respect for others is a wise move.

7. ForcedAbortion

ForcedAbortion Banned

I don't want to be taken seriously. I believe everybody takes things too seriously on the internet. Besides, it's funny to me. I came here to ask questions about gear, not get taken seriously. I believe my questions have been answered more or less, and I'm talking about the 1001rb II fyi

8. ForcedAbortion

ForcedAbortion Banned

I think I'm just going to sell my goldline and current head to get another 400 watt 4 by 10 my friend is trying to sell me. Will post results if anyone cares..........

9. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Oh, In that case. Your cabs are fine. I would crank up the bass and volume knobs to get the tone your looking for.

10. B-string

The 1001RB II puts out much more than 480 watts with two 8 ohm cabs. You want to change things? Get rid of both cabs, keep the head and get some better quality cabs. BLX (Backlines) and GLX are entry level cabs.

11. IPYF

IPYF

Yep. Flog both and get a proper cab like the NEO 412. I found out the hard way what a 1001ii can do to cheap low rated cabs.

12. ForcedAbortion

ForcedAbortion Banned

I take it you're messing with me? Lol I'm not THAT stupid...

That's honestly what I thought. Anybody like to recommend me a cab/stack that wouldn't break my bank as much as the neo?

EDIT: Also something that will be able to fit in the back two seats of a mid sized sedan!

13. B-string

Where you are located and a price range will help a lot.

I have the NEO412 but also have the NEO212 II it's an easy load and carry. Even fits in the drummer Chevy Cruze.

14. ForcedAbortion

ForcedAbortion Banned

Chicago, anywhere from 500 to 700 max

15. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    You can get a used Neo 412 for that price range or perhaps a pair of neo 212. The Neo 212/1001 RB sounds great and is plenty loud but I prefer to have some speakers up closer to my hears seeing I never get bass in the monitors.

16. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Supporting Member

So how did you post from it four weeks ago?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.