GK 212MBE ? question(s)

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by garagebassman, Mar 3, 2010.

1. garagebassman

garagebassman

Saw this on MF, very curious. Says it has a speakon and 1/4".
    Does anyone happen to know if the crossover will make use of the 700rb's biamp feature ? I'm guessing not, since they're geared to be used more with MB head ?

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend...ght-Bass-Speaker-Cabinet-with-Horn?sku=423666

Based on the sound and portability of the combo, this is intriguing. Especially at that price ! Hopefully the availability comes through on time !

Would be an opportunity to use different heads with a full sounding cab, like the 700rb that I've been wanting to get !
  2. Jaco who?

Jaco who?

I'm curious about this one too, but I'll bet the specs are a tad far fetched.
  3. rpsands

rpsands

Well, 300w/driver thermal rating and no frequency response specs is all it says so I don't see what could be far fetched. :)
  4. Jaco who?

Jaco who?

Well, I thought the 34 lbs was questionable, but what the heck do I know.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Yerf Dog

Yerf Dog

I buy it. My MB212 is only 39 lbs.
  7. garagebassman

garagebassman

Very light yes. But i tried one of the MB212 combos, and even weighed it, it was indeed 37.5lbs (advertised as 39lbs).
    The speakers/cab sounded very capable of handling the 600w as well.
    So the 34lbs will be pretty accuate I'd bet.
  8. rpsands

rpsands

GK is one company I've never known to lie about weight :)
  9. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

They don't lie about its capabilities either! The cab is not a HMS biamp cab I would think as it is geared to the MB's and has just an on/off switch. Maybe Brian or RAG will stop in to confirm?
  10. Jaco who?

Jaco who?

I was more "accusing" musicians friend than GK. :rollno:
  11. rpsands

rpsands

lol, they don't lie, they just put in random numbers for everything half the time :) seriously, I can feel what you mean now.
  12. garagebassman

garagebassman

I'm still a bit confused with this cab. MF described it as a perfect compliment to MB heads or the MB210 combo, but if it only comes in 4 ohm, then it wouldn't work with the combo , only 8 ohm ext cab.
    It would pair well with MB500 head at 4 ohms, but I was tthinking it could be cool to be able to have two cabs and use one or two of them at times, but would need to be 8 ohm to make that work ?
    Sounds really neat though ...thinking about that "preorder"type thing.....hmmm
  13. liam_g

liam_g

I like the specs of this ... a great pairing for my 700RB series I head. And 380 watts into a 212 handles 99% of everything I do. Could also push it with my Hartke LH500.

I'm interested!

Cheers,
    Liam
  14. lowendfriend

lowendfriend

If you like the weight you'll love the price. I paid 500 for the Neo 212-II last November. It's 50 lbs.

It's called progress....keep it comin', RAG
  15. rag

rag

Disclosures:
    Robert A. Gallien, President Gallien-Krueger
    The MBE cabinets are not HMS compatible, and are intended to match up with the MB heads and combos. The series has evolved since its first introduction mainly due to comments on TB. The line up now is as follows:

212MBE, 2x12” Neo, 600W, 4 or 8 Ohms, 34 lbs
    210MBE, 2x10” Neo, 400W, 8 Ohms, 30 lbs
    115MBE, 1x15” Neo, 400W, 8 Ohms, 29 lbs
    410MBE, 4x10" Neo, 800W, 4 or 8 Ohms, Weight TBT but light!

All feature light weight void free plywood construction with ample internal bracing, heavy Tolex covering, aluminum grills and Piezo tweeters with switch. This series is a very high quality no frills product designed to provide very high performance at minimum cost.
    RAG
  16. garagebassman

garagebassman

Thanks for reply.
    That certainly clarifies...great to have the option of getting 4 or 8 ohms version in the 212MBE.
    Now the hard part , to decide on which to get by the time they are available !
  17. maevinj

maevinj

So are these sealed or ported? Also it seems like MF is only selling the 4 ohm version or am I missing something?
    Also will this cabinet sound good with a non-gk head? Like say an all tube 200 watt head?
  18. thudfromafar

thudfromafar Supporting Member

What about the 112?
  19. Calaverasgrande

Calaverasgrande

I certainly am interested in the 8 ohm 2x12. A pair of those would make a nice light stack.
    Imagine 70lbs for 4x12 instead of my 170lb GK 4x12!
  20. SpectorDetector

SpectorDetector

How does the 115 cab do with the MB210? The idea of the 115 appeals to me more than the 210. Are the dimensions the same?

thanks,

Enjoying your product very much, a great value. :hyper:
  21. xjeremiahx

xjeremiahx

Disclosures:
    Not your average GC manager.
    One question about the 212MBE vs the 212MB...I Know that the 212MB is a front-ported cab...I can't seem to find(in writing) if the 212MBE is ported or not. Since it's a really small cabinet, I'm just concerned with low end response. I like my bass big & full :)

I'm about to pull the trigger on one(or 2!) of these cabs, and now I don't know which one i want!