1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

GK 700RB sideways?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by LiamRoth, Dec 2, 2013.

1. LiamRoth

LiamRoth

HI,
    I just got a Carvin 2X10 cabinet and want to start using it for smaller shows with my GK 700RB. I found out that the cabinet has a slot in it (probably for the original carvin amp head) that the GK slots nicely into. Unfortunately, as perhaps some of you know, GK RB amp heads have the fan on top so I will need to make a hole in the cabinet so the fan can get air into it.
    ANYWAY, basically, when this is done I will be able to have the head resting sideways in the cabinet (if I so wish). This is a nice thought because every time I play a show and have to let other bassists use the GK I have to be a bit of a buzzkill and tell them they cant rest their beers on top of my bass amp due to the possibility of a spillage into the fan.
    SO basically all I want to know is if it would be at all a bad idea having the amp head sideways while it's cranking?
    SORRY FOR BEATING AROUND THE BUSH
    THANKS!
  2. Rich McCoy

Rich McCoy

3. LiamRoth

LiamRoth

Awesome! Thank yoU!
  4. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

If you can see all the way through "the slot" from front to back go for it. The amp doesn't care what position it's in. If you can't see through the back of the slot it is a speaker cab port and don't do it.
  5. dmusic148

dmusic148

Never let someone put drinks on your amp, ever. Anyone who'd consider you a 'buzzkill' for objecting to such behavior is known as an 'A-hole.'
  6. rodl2005

rodl2005