gk cabs advice

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by rptrsn2, Jan 8, 2013.

1. rptrsn2

rptrsn2

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Aurora Strings
    I have a gk 700rbii head. Im wanting to pick up some gk cabs . I got a chance to check out a 410 and 212 neos. Liked the 212 better. Have not had the chance to try a 115 neo, but have always favored 15s. So my options are 2-115s, 2-212s or the 412. Looking for some opinions from users of any of these set ups. I play mainly classic rock, MIA Deluxe P. Thanks!
  2. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

I don't have a lot of time with NEO115's but I do with the NEO212 II and NEO412. The NEO412 is the best cab I have used in 40+ years. Room filling, very articulate, smooth response and projects very well. The 212 is about the same just half of the previous.
  3. Marko5657

Marko5657 Supporting Member

My personal vote would be two 212s. Stacked vertically would be killer, and one perfect for when you only want one.

I have a cheaper 212MBE (4-ohms), but get the better ones (8-ohms each) and... :bassist:
  4. Phil54

Phil54

I would say the 412. I was looking at 2 of the 212`s as well but just before Christmas I picked up a new Neo412 off Amazon for $677.00 shipped. It cost way more to buy 2 of the 212`s. It is easy for me to carry up stairs or load up in the truck by myself. I run it with a GK 2001RB and it sounds great!! Down the road I`ll more than likely buy another one and run them both. :hyper:
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. rptrsn2

rptrsn2

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Aurora Strings
    I've heard great about the 412. Will 2-212s sound pretty much the same accounting for enclosure difference. Have heard so much praise on the 412 that's where I'm leaning but 2-212s sure be easier on my bad shoulder and more versatile. Price difference is not s concern.
  7. scottfeldstein

scottfeldstein Supporting Member

I can't imagine using a cab the size of a 412. What would you look like doing a set with your acoustic guitar pal at a coffee shop? :)

Modularity is where it's at. One cab for small situations, two for bigger ones. And you don't ruin your back.
  8. Thisbecheezy

Thisbecheezy

I'm down to try out the gk 412 neo. I knew they had a 410, 212, and 115. Never heard about the 412. But if your talking modular what about the tc electronics 210, and 212 that stack and lock together and "supposedly" super lightweight and basstastically deep? I know that's not a word, but it sounded cool.
  9. Warmuth

Warmuth Supporting Member

You would look awesome , naturally. I agree with 2 212's though if money is no object. The 412 is a great cab but not modular. It blows away the 410 in every single respect to my ears.
  10. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: VF Cables, Dirtbag Clothing
    I have a Neo 212, Great cab and I plan on picking up a second. Mines a series one though so finding a match can be difficult.