1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

GK dudes help! back for more advice

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by YOSTINATOR, Nov 11, 2012.

1. YOSTINATOR

YOSTINATOR

Hi all, I posted recently needing help with bass combo purchase. Thanks to the help I received here on talk bass, I decided to go with GK MB series. Now that I have the funds to go for it, I am at a stand still on GK MB 115 ii vs MB 112 ii. Is there any feature one has the other doesnt? Help!!!
  2. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

Yes, one has a 15 inch speaker and the other a 12 inch speaker.:bag::D

Seriously though, they are the same amp in a different box. It's just going to depend on your personal taste whether or not you like the sound of the 12" or 15" better. Obviously, the 112 will be a bit lighter and more compact if that matters to you.
  3. YOSTINATOR

YOSTINATOR

Har Har ;) of course one has a 15" driver vs 12". The $ difference doesnt matter but 75 bux is 75 bux. Is there any tone shaping or differences or controls? Does one have a mute switch and one not? I have questions, you guys I hope have answers lol
  4. YOSTINATOR

YOSTINATOR

Rock/Metal are my primary genres. But I dabble in everything. Im an experienced guitarist but a very unexperienced bassist. Thats why I'm here needing help
  5. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Same amp, as stated. The 15 will be louder.
  6. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

The GK MB112 doesn’t have the Boost, Limiter defeat, Horn defeat, or Master volume - plus the MB115 has a little more bottom and is a little louder - but still, the MB112 is a great amp. I plug my Fender P bass straight into my MB115 (no stomp boxes) and it sounds fat with bite - I love the GK sound. PS: if your going to be transporting your amp a lot, I strongly recommend a padded amp cover - I got mine from Studioslips.com so my amps still look like new. I hope that helps?

7. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

Are you referring to version one or version 2 of these amps? The OP is specifically wanting to know about the series 2 models. Just wanted to clarify that. I didn't even think the MB115II was out yet.
  8. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

I would recommend the mb115 if you wanted a combo amp for home practice, small gigs, and medium-sized venues(if you don't feel like bringing your half-stack:p). combo amps that are 100 watts@8 ohms and has a 15-inch speaker are usually loud enough for medium-sized venues.
  9. BroDew

BroDew

I have had a few of these. If you can find a used MB210, give it some thought. It is the only MB combo that will allow you to hook up an external cab, thus giving you some flexibility in the future. With the external cab it has 500W, more than enough to handle the load.

Just sayin... I know $$'s are important, so may not be an option.
  10. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

^Here is your answer.
  11. YOSTINATOR

YOSTINATOR

Thanx to all! Especially Joe.. I am going to go ahead and purchase the GK MB 115 ii. I played the MB 115 in store and like it alot. They didnt have a MB 112 in stock. Looks like I'll have to order the "ii" series online
  12. YOSTINATOR

YOSTINATOR

And gjbassist!