))))))))GK MB Fusion 800!!(((((((

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Vitamin J, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Vitamin J

Vitamin J Supporting Member

Hello All,

I just received my long-awaited GK MB Fusion 800 and for anyone who is curious, it's one hell of an amp with some big boom-boom!!

Got a chance to play one briefly at NAMM and that was enough to sell me. I've owned and played probably 400+ shows with my MB Fusion 500 and it has never failed me once.

So far in comparing the two, tone-wise to my ears they are very similarly voiced, but it's only been a day and one gig so far, so we'll leave it at that.

Basic observations :
    The MB 800 is a little deeper in size than the MB 500. I will not fit in the old style GK carry bag. The MB 800 is Designed & assembled in the US and I view that as a plus. The push button pots do feel a little different to adjust, maybe a little looser or wiggly. I'm not saying this negatively, they're just different, but everything works exactly as expected.

For any of you who have been waiting and may be interested I got mine yesterday from a dealer on the Central CA Coast. Shipping is one day away from Stockton, CA. I also got excellent service & a great price from Mike who is the Dealer. If anyone is interested in the details, feel free to PM me.

In the meantime here's a few photos to get things going...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. 1bassplayin

1bassplayin

Nice. Congrats!
  3. powmetalbassist

powmetalbassist Supporting Member

Nice unit, though I think I'll stick with my MB500. I don't need more power (yet) and I certainly don't need to be gasing for more gear.
  4. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Nobody is stupid enough to actually pay me to play their gear.
    Holy crap, they actually exist!?!?!? :p

Congrats!

I loved my Fusion 500. One of the (if not THE) best micro amp very made IME. The 800 must just kill.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. orangejulius3

orangejulius3

7. jibreel

jibreel Supporting Member

Congrats on being the first on the board to actually get one!! Mine arrives Thursday !!
  8. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Gold Supporting Member

Seems to sound like the 500 with a huge volume pants on. Just a sledgehammer.
  9. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Nobody is stupid enough to actually pay me to play their gear.
    Cool.

The 500 is pretty damned loud though. We are fairly nutty needing this firepower. Soon we will be bitching that there isn't a MB Fusion 1000 or 1200.:help:
  10. Vitamin J

You all are right. It is capable of supplying a TON of power. Probably don't need that much regularly, but damn when you do... it's pretty cool!

Playing it again tonight.
  11. MrLenny1

MrLenny1 Supporting Member

Nice!!! Question? Do you find the knob spacing too small, confined.
    Looks like you could easily bump one while adjusting another.
  12. David A. Egeler

David A. Egeler

Nice amp ! I played through the same head and under it sat a Hartke 4x10 cab on stage in Memphis. You could actually feel the stage move! You'll enjoy it!
  13. 5StringPocket

5StringPocket Supporting Member

Nice score. Congrats!!!
  14. happyg

happyg

Hey Vitamin J
    How is the fan noise on that new amp?

Thanks
    Happy
  15. MuthaFunk

MuthaFunk

:bag:
  16. Turtle71

Turtle71 Supporting Member

Oh Man, That is just too awesome!!

Congrats on NAD!!

I have been gassing for one of these since I heard about them...Not in the cards ATM, but hopefully later this year. :bassist:
  17. nitrofix

nitrofix Supporting Member

Congrats Man, I'll bet that amp just kills....Selling the 500 ?:bag:
  18. Vitamin J

The knobs are spaced 3/4" apart. Just like the 500's. I've done a lot of playing with my 500 so it feels very similar.

Again the "feel" of the knobs that are "Push Enabled" to me personally, feel like there's a little extra play in them compared to the ones without push-switching. ....Guessing it probably has to do with mechanical design. It took a moment to get used to because I'm so familiar to the "feel" of the knobs on the 500.

I will tell you however, that the back lit dials are an excellent addition. They make it SO easy to see where things are set. Also, the lights are also not blinding like some other models.
  19. Vitamin J

Ya. So there is a 2nd fan on these units. Did not notice any extra noise on the gig last night and it was a very hot evening.

While screwing around with it at home the fan came on & stayed on a little longer than the 500, but man I was pushing the overdrive on the preamp and the channel switching just testing out the differences.

Btw, the overdrive tone on the 800 is very full but just a little raspier than my 500. They sound pretty good, sorta like the fuzz bass tone you might hear from Larry Graham. Oh Yeah!!
  20. happyg

happyg

Thanks man.....I was really curious about that. I'm really considering one of these. The only thing I don't like about my mb fusion is that fan cranking up. Sounds like an air raid is incoming.
  21. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

You have a defective fan if it is that loud or clogged vents. ;)