GK MB112-II?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by PBassTX, Dec 25, 2013.

1. PBassTX

PBassTX

Has anyone used or currently using one of these combo amps? I'm looking for a good small venue/rehearsal amp. Most or all of the reviews I've read so far have been favorable.
  2. soulman969

soulman969

It's a great amp for what you're proposing to us it for. The version II is pretty much the same as the original with a little cosmetic change and it adds a chained out so you can run a second powered cabinet. Typical GK reliability and tone.

You may also want to look at the tc electronic Bg250-112. It's a little less money and has a little different set of features including the ability to add onboard effects through it's Tone Print function. It also had a little more output and a more vintage flavor tonally.

Either one is a great choice and two of the best you'll find in this price range.
  3. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

Yeah, the G-K MB112-II is a very nice bass combo amp.
  4. heynorm

heynorm

Not a very forgiving amp, pretty honest sound and great for those small gigs and rehearsals. I've used the 'chain out' into my MB115(v1) at some medium-sized joints with good results, too.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. EthanTheHeathen

EthanTheHeathen

If you don't need the chain out, I have the series I combo for sale in the classifieds. I want the chain out, and that's the only reason I'd sell the thing. These amps are crazy awesome for the price. Plenty loud for moderate volume situations, and super cheap/tiny. Anyway, make an offer if you're interested (I'm asking $250 shipped).