1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

GK MB112-II?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by PBassTX, Dec 25, 2013.

1. PBassTX

PBassTX

Has anyone used or currently using one of these combo amps? I'm looking for a good small venue/rehearsal amp. Most or all of the reviews I've read so far have been favorable.
  2. soulman969

soulman969

It's a great amp for what you're proposing to us it for. The version II is pretty much the same as the original with a little cosmetic change and it adds a chained out so you can run a second powered cabinet. Typical GK reliability and tone.

You may also want to look at the tc electronic Bg250-112. It's a little less money and has a little different set of features including the ability to add onboard effects through it's Tone Print function. It also had a little more output and a more vintage flavor tonally.

Either one is a great choice and two of the best you'll find in this price range.
  3. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

Yeah, the G-K MB112-II is a very nice bass combo amp.
  4. heynorm

heynorm

Not a very forgiving amp, pretty honest sound and great for those small gigs and rehearsals. I've used the 'chain out' into my MB115(v1) at some medium-sized joints with good results, too.
  5. EthanTheHeathen

EthanTheHeathen

If you don't need the chain out, I have the series I combo for sale in the classifieds. I want the chain out, and that's the only reason I'd sell the thing. These amps are crazy awesome for the price. Plenty loud for moderate volume situations, and super cheap/tiny. Anyway, make an offer if you're interested (I'm asking $250 shipped).