1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

GK MB200 aux. input question

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by dougjwray, Jan 19, 2013.

1. dougjwray

dougjwray

How do you connect a laptop to the MB200 aux. input? I'm guessing that you can simply use a cable with 1/8" jacks and take the signal from the headphone output on the laptop. How do you make sure that the level coming from the headphone output isn't too high for the GK?
  2. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    HPF Technology: Protecting the Pocket since 2007
    Your best best is to turn the volume all the way down on the laptop, start with a moderate volume level on the GK, and then just ease the volume up on the laptop until it sounds OK.

Don't forget that your amp is turned on when you get a sudden warning beep from some piece of software in the middle of the night!
  3. dougjwray

dougjwray

4. xroads

xroads

I do it the other way round:
    turn the volume on the MB200 all the way down.
    Connect laptop to aux in, hit play with the volume half way up
    on the computer.
    Now gradually increase the volume on the MB200 and adjust the computer volume to taste.

What I found is that with the MB200 and a laptop, I get ground loops that cause noise. I usually run the laptop only on battery as a consequence.