1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

GK MB200 DIY voltage change

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by gleneg61, Jan 24, 2014.

1. gleneg61

gleneg61

If downunderwonder or anyone else could chip in with a pic, simple diagram or a bit of a more detailed explanation for us amp guts noobs I'd be very grateful as I'm heading home downunder this year n wanna bump mine up to 240v without screwing it up! Thnx heaps!
  2. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

Mine is different from the pics I found on here. Opening up you will see the markings for 120v/240 or whatever it is. The centre pin is common. You will see the "spare" pin for 240v and the jumper.

I made a hook from a paperclip to yank the jumper clip off the 110 side, replaced on the 240 side, job done. I didn't like my chances of crushing the clip using pliers.
  3. gleneg61

gleneg61

Cheers sir, much appreciated. I have a MIC model with the combo speakon/1/4" jack I bought about 2-3 yrs ago from the US; it works fine here in Japan n wanna keep it that way in Oz n as you know, we pay top dollar for any import amps in NZ or Oz. Cheers again!