GK MB200 plus two MBE cabs... possible?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Metropolis_488, May 30, 2012.

1. Metropolis_488

Metropolis_488

OK, so I have an MB200 that I pair with a 115MBE and I love it for all the right reasons (light, sounds great, etc).

But for the occasion when I need more volume and want to add another MBE115 (obviously both cabs are 8 ohms) can I daisy-chain the MBE cabs (since there is only one output on the MB200)? I know with many cabs this is not an issue, but the MBE cabs all only have one speakon input and one 1/4" input. I am not sure if those two are wired in a way that would allow them to operate like jackplates with two 1/4" inputs, as found on most cabs.

I was thinking speakon plugged into the first cab from the head, then 1/4 inch input from that cab to one of the inputs on the second MBE cab. Would this work? If not, then I don't think it can be done with my set up.

RAG? If your out there...
  2. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

What you propose is fine.:)
  3. Metropolis_488

Metropolis_488

Have you done it that way, or you just know that it is wired to do this? Not doubting you, I just don't want to accidentally damage something... which would probably void the warranty.
  4. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

Just know it is wired to do this. The speakon and 1/4" are wired in parallel on all G-K cabs, so "daisy chaining" is possible with any G-K cab.
    If you want confirmation from G-K email jason@gallien.com he may check his email sooner than rag checks here? :)
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Metropolis_488

Metropolis_488

Cool, thanks B-String!
  7. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

+1. It's ok.
  8. lowendblues

lowendblues Supporting Member

Theres only one speaker output on the amp right? If you have an 8 ohm cab, and the amp will run at 4 ohms,, I'd think daisy chaining 2- 8 ohm cabs would be fine.
  9. Outsider

Outsider

I have a MB200 head and a 210MBE cab. I got it in 8 ohms so that I could add another 8 ohm cab. I'm 99.9% sure that adding another cab will be fine. Hope it sounds good!
  10. basszillla

basszillla

would that same method of chaining an additional cab work, if the 2nd cab is a 4ohm (if the first is an 8ohm) ?
  11. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Only if your amp can handle a 2 ohm load. Most can't.
  12. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Not with the amp being discussed, and not with most other amps either.