1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

GK MB200 with 210 Cab & 115 Cab

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by SiriusBlack, Dec 2, 2013.

1. SiriusBlack

SiriusBlack

I have posted this on the Basses forums rather than here. So I hope it's OK to post it here too. I apologize to admins.

Hi all. I looked for an answer about this on TB but could not find it :-(

So, here goes. I have a GK MB200 head and I am about to buy an Ashdown MAG 210T cab and a Ashdown MAG 115 cab.

GK MB200 has one output 200W at 4 ohm, and both Ashdown cabs (they are both 8 ohm) have a speakon input and a jack input.

How do I connect the rig together please?

Cheers
  2. MuthaFunk

MuthaFunk

Depending on what generation your MB200 is... The earlier ones had 1/4" speakon combo output jacks. To be safe I'd say just buy a speakon to speakon cable for connection to the first cab from the head, then use a standard 1/4" to 1/4" speaker cable to link the two cabs together.
  3. SiriusBlack

SiriusBlack

my MB200 has speakon out only.

so, it's ok to do this:

head (speakon -- jack) into 210
    210 (speakon -- jack) into 115

right?
  4. tbirdsp

tbirdsp Supporting Member

Yeah that's fine. Personally I would just go
    head (speakon--speakon) into 210
    210 (1/4" jack -- 1/4" jack) into 115

Just so you didn't have to buy cables with 2 different ends, but either way will work.

(duh - same thing muthafunk said above :D )
  5. Joedog

Joedog

Yep as above. Just to avoid a "potential" problem, you may want to consider 2 of the same cabinet!
  6. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

+1 either 2x the 210 or 2x the 115 will make for a more solid rig. Read up on why mixing the 2 cabs is not ideal.