1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

GK MB200 with 210 Cab & 115 Cab

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by SiriusBlack, Dec 2, 2013.

1. SiriusBlack

SiriusBlack

I have posted this on the Basses forums rather than here. So I hope it's OK to post it here too. I apologize to admins.

Hi all. I looked for an answer about this on TB but could not find it :-(

So, here goes. I have a GK MB200 head and I am about to buy an Ashdown MAG 210T cab and a Ashdown MAG 115 cab.

GK MB200 has one output 200W at 4 ohm, and both Ashdown cabs (they are both 8 ohm) have a speakon input and a jack input.

How do I connect the rig together please?

Cheers

2. MuthaFunk

MuthaFunk

Depending on what generation your MB200 is... The earlier ones had 1/4" speakon combo output jacks. To be safe I'd say just buy a speakon to speakon cable for connection to the first cab from the head, then use a standard 1/4" to 1/4" speaker cable to link the two cabs together.

3. SiriusBlack

SiriusBlack

my MB200 has speakon out only.

so, it's ok to do this:

head (speakon -- jack) into 210
    210 (speakon -- jack) into 115

right?

4. tbirdsp

tbirdsp Supporting Member

Yeah that's fine. Personally I would just go
    head (speakon--speakon) into 210
    210 (1/4" jack -- 1/4" jack) into 115

Just so you didn't have to buy cables with 2 different ends, but either way will work.

(duh - same thing muthafunk said above :D )

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Joedog

Joedog

Yep as above. Just to avoid a "potential" problem, you may want to consider 2 of the same cabinet!

7. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

+1 either 2x the 210 or 2x the 115 will make for a more solid rig. Read up on why mixing the 2 cabs is not ideal.