GK-MB200

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by BassManJones83, Jan 19, 2013.

1. BassManJones83

BassManJones83

Just ordered the MB200 by GK. I've read a lot of good reviews about it. I have a GK RB1001 but I need to get it repaired so I figured I would get something affordable "but worth it" in the mean time. From what I've read it should sound really good through my 4x10, 4 ohm cabinet with my active bass.
  2. RNV

RNV

Disclosures:
    fEARful (I endorse them, not visa versa)
    I have one for a headphone amp, but I bring it with me as a backup and it can push my 1515/66 with no problems. Doesn't sound as full as 1500W being pushed, but she'll work in a pinch.
  3. steve_rolfeca

steve_rolfeca Gold Supporting Member

I tried the whole SS family (no Fusion) together before buying my MB800.

As you'd expect, the MB800 had more than a little extra "something". Still, at reasonable volume levels, the family resemblances were more striking than the differences. The aux in on the 200 is a great feature for practice, doubling at small gigs, etc., as well.

The only thing I could see you missing compared to the RB, is that I haven't managed to get a good imitation of the dirty sounds I hear people getting from the RB700-II. Of course, you'll get more opportunities to drive the MB200 hard, than I do with the 800 and a measly 500 watt cab.