1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

GK-MB200

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by BassManJones83, Jan 19, 2013.

1. BassManJones83

BassManJones83

Just ordered the MB200 by GK. I've read a lot of good reviews about it. I have a GK RB1001 but I need to get it repaired so I figured I would get something affordable "but worth it" in the mean time. From what I've read it should sound really good through my 4x10, 4 ohm cabinet with my active bass.
  2. RNV

RNV

Disclosures:
    fEARful (I endorse them, not visa versa)
    I have one for a headphone amp, but I bring it with me as a backup and it can push my 1515/66 with no problems. Doesn't sound as full as 1500W being pushed, but she'll work in a pinch.
  3. steve_rolfeca

steve_rolfeca Supporting Member

I tried the whole SS family (no Fusion) together before buying my MB800.

As you'd expect, the MB800 had more than a little extra "something". Still, at reasonable volume levels, the family resemblances were more striking than the differences. The aux in on the 200 is a great feature for practice, doubling at small gigs, etc., as well.

The only thing I could see you missing compared to the RB, is that I haven't managed to get a good imitation of the dirty sounds I hear people getting from the RB700-II. Of course, you'll get more opportunities to drive the MB200 hard, than I do with the 800 and a measly 500 watt cab.