GK MB210

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by strawblues, Mar 20, 2014.

1. strawblues

strawblues

Can anyone help? My GK 210 amp, which I have had for 3 tears now and love, failed on the last number of my last gig. The blue light around the switch turned to a flashing red and continued flashing for a while even when I switched it off. Since then I have tried it again, the light turns blue as normal and the amp sounds fine for a short while but then it cuts out and the light starts flashing red again. Anyone had this trouble? Is there a fix?
  2. wshines1892

wshines1892

Sounds like it might be a thermal issue since it comes on for a while and then shuts off. Make sure any and all fans are powered on. The hard part about those class Ds are the micro components they all use being a pain in the butt to work on for a typical tech. I hear GK has excellent customer service though, so you might call them up and see if they can shed some light on it and potentially get you a replacement part without costing an arm and a leg.
  3. pglaser01

pglaser01

Disclosures:
    If only I were that good....
    Hopefully something hasn't fried out in there...mine is coming up on year 3 so I'm hoping it can last a lot longer still
  4. strawblues

strawblues

Thanks. I've contacted GK they seem to think it might be the power amp module and it won't be a cheap fix!
  5. GroovinOnFunk

GroovinOnFunk Supporting Member

I had to fix that on my MB210 a year or so ago. Ran me close to $300. Sucks... but it's been running strong since.