1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

GK MB212 Switch Problem

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Alex1984, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Alex1984

Alex1984

The MB212 combo is displaying a weird problem with the switch. At first, the switch used to stay stuck in the on position, and would not turn off. So, I went along with that for about a month, and then the amp would switch on, and I'd hear a clicking sound, and it would switch off almost immediately.

I'm currently using something to hold down that switch as a temporary solution, but I was wondering if this problem sounds like an electrical problem or more of a mechanical problem in the switch itself?

Thanks guys!
  2. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

Sounds like a mechanical problem with the switch itself. If it was an electronic problem in the rest of the amp, holding it down would make no difference.
  3. Alex1984

Alex1984

Have you ever seen problems like this? Is it user-serviceable at all? Should I get it fixed or will holding the switch down be a viable solution?
  4. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

I have seen it from several different makes. Probably not "hard" to replace with a little experience working on amps.
    The switch is already in failure so just holding it down may work for a short while or as long as you own it. No way to know when it won't work at all anymore.
  5. Alex1984

Alex1984

It belongs to the church and I don't think they're too keen on fixing it.
  6. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

Hmm. Why not be a brother and get it fixed for them?
  7. bluebird28

bluebird28

What kind of switch is it, rocker switch, push button, or what? A picture is worth a 1000 words. Pull the amp out of the combo and take it to a TV repair person after you find a replacement switch, he can solder it in if you can not handle soldering. Are you in Vancouver BC or in Vancouver WA. If you are in the South Seattle area I can repair it for you. On my GK combo there is a rocker switch for power and an led light, the light did not work, I opened it up and the wire had come off of the LED. I soldered it back on and all is well.