GK MB500 & Fender Rumble ?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by nlabat, Mar 18, 2014.

1. nlabat

nlabat

Hi Guys I got my lovely GK MB500 and i got my eyes on the rumble (old series - Black Grill)..
    :help::help::help::help::help:
    and i found but not test because are not available for it in the store..

or
    Rumble 410
    or
    Rumble 112
    or
    Rumble 2x8

what do you think on this mix ??
  2. Linnin

Linnin

As you know all those cabs are now discontinued. New Rumbles have yet to arrive.

I have a pair of Rumble 112 Neo cabs and love them dearly. They are very close in design to the GK 112 Neo cabs. Same size and same Eminence woofer. Take your pick.

The 4 ohm 410 cab is very highly praised and recommended by many here at TB. Find one used if like 10's.

I've no personal experience with 2x8 neo cab, but those that do own them speak quite highly of their crisp mids and surprising lows.
  3. nlabat

nlabat

Thanks & About the 410 its in deed a problem the 4ohms as some people said ???

and one more ... what about the Speakers are good those Fender Special Design ???
  4. pudgychef

pudgychef

That 4x10 is a lot of bang for the buck. Used they are absurdly cheap, handle a fair amount of power. I would think your head and that 4ohm 4x10 would cover any gig situation...darn loud!

4ohm will not be a problem - but you can't add a second cab to it (as iirc GK MB series do not do 2ohm) - I don't think volume will be an issue.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. nlabat

nlabat

So in that case no more option that the 410 and no other cab to add, right ??

are the FEnder Special Speakers good ??

and this Rumble is it good for Stoner Rock or Heavy Metal ???

I read that this run from 50 hz to 15khz

Opinions please :-D
  7. pudgychef

pudgychef

imho - the speakers are fine and the cab sounds much better than it should at that price.

You wouldn't be able to add a second cab unless you had an amp that goes down to 2ohm..but that MB500 into 4x10 will be plenty loud (ime, ymmv..but darn that will be loud(

I think that cab would function well for any genre..(maybe not dub if you had to go Acme kind of low..but metal or rock will work well I am confident.)
  8. Linnin

Linnin

Just buy a pair of 8 ohm GK Neo cabs that match your amp. Just pick the size woofer you like best: 10"; 12", or 15".
  9. nlabat

nlabat

No intention to get a GK Cab..

i got a god price for the FEnder Rumble... then i need info ..
  10. Linnin

Linnin