1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

GK MB500 head

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by 4stringwannabe, Dec 26, 2013.

1. 4stringwannabe

4stringwannabe

Jun 3, 2012
    My GK head all of a sudden is non responsive. It won't power up..all of the obvious things have been checked..it has power, speakon adapter/speaker cable and cab are fine. The manual says is has a "self protecting" shoutdown feature when something is wired incorrectly. It's like it won't reset. the power light did flicker red for a second while powering on and then nothing...not sure how to proceed..unit is practically new and never left the basement..used it 2 days ago without problems at home volume...hmmmmmm anybody out there have any suggestions?

2. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Sometimes brand new amps fail. Its just the nature of the beast of technology. Exchange it and be happy.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. Icculus

Icculus Supporting Member

Contact GK customer service. They are great to deal with. Unfortunately, I think they don't reopen until after New Years.

5. NWB

NWB

Apr 30, 2008
    Kirkland, WA
    You might try reseating the power plug into the amp and the wall socket. Sometimes that will work loose a bit.

6. Try firing it up with NO speakers connected (or cables).

If it comes on, your adapter and/or speaker cable is shorting.

7. GK Growl

GK Growl

Dec 31, 2011
    This has scared me several times. Intermittent power or no power at all. It's the first thing I do before every power up now.

8. +2. Yep