1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

GK MB500 hurting an SWR 610?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by JonathanD, Nov 1, 2013.

1. JonathanD

JonathanD

Hello everyone,
    ----see new thread on B102 speakers

I just picked up an SWR 610, and I have to turn my MB500 way down from where I have it with my 112 cab to not fart the speakers out. Anyone have a similar experience? Seems like the 1000 watt 4 ohm cab should be able to handle the 500 watt amp better than the 325 watt 8 ohm cab handles the 350 watt out of the amp.

The top 2 speakers in particular are farting, same ohm rating and same wiring. 3X8 ohm pairs. Cab is really 5.33 ohms.
  2. JonnyAngle

JonnyAngle Supporting Member

Are you sure the cab isn't damaged?
    The mb500 should not cause these problems
  3. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Sum Ting Wong.
  4. hsech

hsech Your opinion doesn't trump mine. Gold Supporting Member

Something's rotten in Denmark. Sounds like a blown speaker or a loose speaker wire.
  5. JonathanD

JonathanD

Looks like the top 2 speakers have been replaced, and they are the issue. They move more than the others. Maybe they are more sensation with a lower coil excursion.
  6. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Return the 610, as it's clearly been tampered with. Loading in 2 mis-matched spkrs into a cab designed to run 6 of the same is not a cab you want.