GK MB500 Speaker Match

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by nlabat, Jan 8, 2014.

1. nlabat

nlabat

Hi Guys tired to run the GK MB500 on my headphones I'm planning to get a Speaker Cab. and this time Im looking into the GK 410 MBE 400Watts and i would like to heard if this couple its good and also if there is any other recommendation on that price I will be glad to hear it ...

Also Im wondering what about the MB500 (500watts) with a Cab of 400watts ??

:bassist:
  2. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I would encourage you to go with the 8 Ohm version of any small cab you get.

The only person that can tell you if a cab will be a pleasing match to your ear, is you. So go try your amp with a slew of cabs.

If you want to stay in the GK line, I think two of their Neo 115's would kill with that amp.
  3. nlabat

nlabat

good opinion, I will try the Cab...

so you mean no risk to run a 400w on the MB500 ??

and why you said go with a 115s instead of 410 ??
  4. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    You can make just about any cab go up in smoke with any amp if you do something dumb.

Use your ears, and what is between them and you will be fine.

If the cab is an 8 Ohm cab, then the amp will have a lower power rating (~350 watts), which is actually a good thing.

I suggest going with two of the 115's as I like the sound of GK's neo 115's over the sound of the mbe410. That is personal preference.

What isnt personal preference is the fact that the 115 has better dispersion than the 410. Two Neo 115's would be a sick righ with the MB500 on top.
  5. deste

deste

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: GullanskyLab pickups
    Hi. I use my MB500 on a GK Neo 112 and I'm very happy of the sound: very linear and faithful, no problem in reshaping the sound (the eq is working, but never destroying my sound) from the head. And it's light, too!
  6. Robus

Robus Supporting Member

I think you're safe with the 400w cabinet as long as it's 8 Ohm. As another poster said, the 8 Ohm output is 350w.

I have the same amp and just bought a GK Neo 4x10 8 Ohm cabinet. It sounds beautiful and I'm sure the 115 would sound great too.

Is it safe to run that amp without a cabinet attached? I've been wondering.
  7. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

Safe to run as a DI.

Not safe to pound any everyday bass cab with that amp.

OP: 15's have better dispersion than 4x10, 12 stack better again, column of 10's better still, then you go to 3 way cabs and horns.