1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

GK MB800 Question (Help Please)

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Bass-4-God, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Bass-4-God

Bass-4-God

C'mon guys can you please help me out. I am getting ready to pull the trigger on an GK MB800. There is no place were I live that I can try one out so I'm relying on my fellow TB'ers to help me out. I still have the concern about some who say that they recieved one with a high pitch hiss or whinnig noise so to speak. Is this a real concern, I'm about to start playing in church again and I,ve got to get a head. Have there been any recent recipients of a bad MB800. I know I have been asking questions for awhile now but now the time has come to act. Any info will greatly be appreciated.

Thanks
  2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Mine was mail ordered from a big online retailer about a year ago. Never had a whine or high pitched noise, no problems whatsoever FWIW......
  3. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Relax... Nothing Is Under Control. Supporting Member

No problems with mine. I bought it pre owned off TB about a year ago. The fan is on the loud side though.

Buy from a retailer with a no hassle return policy... thats probably your best bet to provide you with peace of mind.
  4. bass10bfb

bass10bfb Prophet Low End Provider Supporting Member

Same from me... I bought one pre-owned; killer, super powerful head with great tone. I thought the same thing about the fan as well; a little on the loud side.
  5. hamfistUK

hamfistUK

I did have a hissy one, returned it, and didn't try another. The key thing sounds like to buy from a reliable dealer with a no nonsense returns policy. You'll very quickly know if you've got a bad one. If so, then back it goes.
  6. Corey Y

Corey Y Supporting Member

I've had my MB800 for about 5 months, no hiss or whine problems and it's been a great amp in my experience. As was already stated though, I would buy from somewhere that has a good return policy and I would also register the warranty immediately if you do buy one. Between those two things there's no reason even getting a "bad one" should be a major issue, as long as you deal with it promptly through the proper channels, since you should be able to have it exchanged or repaired with minimal hassle.
  7. Dredmahawkus

Dredmahawkus Supporting Member

800 watts is a lot of juice for church!