1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

GK Neo212

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by musicman666, Jan 12, 2013.

1. musicman666

musicman666 Supporting Member

Hello TBers. I have an opportunity to trade one of my gk neo 115 3 for a gk neo 212. Unfortunately I will be unable to try the neo 212. Has anyone A/B these two cabs, are they similar in sound or different? Ultimately I would like to have a second cab with a different tone,(don't plan on using both cabs together). Any opinions on the tonal differences if any between these two cabs?

2. Daniel Piper

Daniel Piper Supporting Member

Own both bro. 212-ii > 115-iii by a decent margin. Lows are voiced more fully.

3. superjesus

superjesus

Thank you for your insight.

That's the first time I've heard this. IIRC, I've read about how similar the GK Neo 212 and 115 are, which incidentally has caused me to hold off on purchasing a pair of one or the other.

FWIW, I like the sound of a 1001 through the GK Neo 410, but I want a more modular solution.

4. Daniel Piper

Daniel Piper Supporting Member

They sound very similar, but with ore meat in the 212.

I find it easier to carry too as it isnt as deep as the 115.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. goran

goran

How do they work together? have you had the chance to compare this combination to the 2x12" + 1x12"?