1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

GK RB head with MB Cabinet

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Madasterlrd, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Madasterlrd

Madasterlrd

Hey!

So I've been looking and saving up for a new bass amp for a long time now and I've decided to go with GK. My price range is roughly $1000, give or take alittle.

My question is it ok combine the GK 700RB-II with an MB series cabinet? Or would it be smarter to go with a MB series head?

Any tips would be great! This is my first time purchasing an amp!

Thanks!
  2. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

You can, the choice of RB or MB series head can be reduced to Lighter weight (MB) with more raw power or a little more tone control (RB). The MBE series cabs will work just fine, you don't have to use the horn amp in the 700RB II.
  3. Madasterlrd

Madasterlrd

Awesome thanks