1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Gk1001RB Input

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by jwitzend, Dec 27, 2013.

1. jwitzend

jwitzend Supporting Member

I always get great advice on this page. Looking to upgrade and strongly considering a GK1001RB. I play mainly Rock,Metal, and Punk. Any GK users that can give any input on reliability, service issues, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. B-string

B-string Gold Supporting Member

No reliability issues, easily serviced if need be, no trouble covering those genres and more. You need good cabs as that amp can easily BBQ lower quality cabs.

3. kleinenenten

kleinenenten

I play metal with the little bro of the 1001RB, the 700RB. It's a great amp with plenty of juice. Couldn't imagine using the 1001! Mine is paired with GK Neo 410s to use their bi-amp system, and I love the way the amps and cabs sound. Good luck with your search!

4. jwitzend

jwitzend Supporting Member

B-string I have a Eden D410T 540W@8ohms. Think that cab will pull the load?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. B-string

B-string Gold Supporting Member

Don't use the "string switch" or bass control very high if you need to really pump some volume and you should be okay. Otherwise you could crease cones at high volume levels (only takes one volume war with a guitarist to ruin your week ;)).