Glasstone Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TRichardsbass, Jan 15, 2013.

1. TRichardsbass

TRichardsbass

Disclosures:
    F CLEF LLC, Music Industry Consulting and Sales
  2. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Disclosures:
    Brubaker Guitars
    I do. High quality underpriced boutique five string jazz style basses. Way more bang than your buck should get you.
    :D
  3. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

This is the first instance I've become aware of them. The instruments look pretty good.

A couple of those links are still under construction: I've just noted the Gallery & Options at this time.
  4. smperry

smperry Moderator Supporting Member

Media:
  5. N.F.A.

N.F.A. Supporting Member

Never heard of them until just now. They do look nice. Strictly fivers though, eh? Also liking the look of their cabinets.
  6. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

Their Options page is still under construction. I was wondering about a 6-string.
  7. El-Bob

El-Bob

There's no prices on the website as far as I can tell. What do these run for?
  8. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Disclosures:
    Brubaker Guitars
    So far he's concentrating on fives in order to keep costs down. Prices range from around $1500-$1800 or so last I checked. The builder is a good friend of mine and I've been recommending he raise his prices, I've seen the competition and IMO these basses are a steal... but believe it or not one of his primary goals is to help bassists out and one big way is making things affordable. I can't argue with that.
    :cool:
  9. Kirk Bryant

Kirk Bryant

Awesome attitude if I didn't have 20 basses already I would buy one just to support his support of players everywhere! They look great I am wondering if you (Brad) could tell us which model you have and what the weight is. TX in advance.

peace, Kirk
  10. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Disclosures:
    Brubaker Guitars
    The second link smperry posted is mine. Mine isn't one of his lighter basses, it's Alder with a Wenge neck and weighs 10.6 lb.
  11. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Disclosures:
    Brubaker Guitars
    Looks like he's blowing out his remaining basses on ebay. I know he's looking at concentrating on building cabs.
  12. ballsyhuman

ballsyhuman

I just picked up one that should be here relatively soon. I think it might be the one Glass built for himself; Mahogany core, Alder wings, Spalted Maple top, LP pu's, ACG pre, Wenge nece, graphite board, stainless frets, hipshot hdwr,

Am dying to play this thing.
  13. who

who

I own one which I'm pretty sure is one of his early models. It's passive with Lane Poor pickups.

[​IMG]
  14. phillybass101

phillybass101 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Brubaker Guitars, Tecamp Bass Players Gear
    There are a few on ebay right now for very good prices.
  15. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

Looks like $1500-$1900 is the new competitive price point that certain builders are starting to use for baseline models. This is a good thing! Not saying that some builders work isn't worth the price (from most, it is) but its time some of the silly priced stuff was edged out by guys like this and Pat Wilkins. What a novel idea: An affordable, quality, US made bass.
  16. ballsyhuman

ballsyhuman

This is the bass I bought from Glass. I think it might also be the one Brad Johnson was talking about sounding "live". The price was right in that range. Super deal, for sure.

Mahagony core
    Alder wings
    Spalted maple top
    graphite fingerboard
    stainless frets
    brass nut
    hipshot ultralite hdwr
    Lane Poor (Legacy) pu's
    ACG pre

It should be here relatively soon. CAN'T Wait!!!

Attached Files:

17. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Disclosures:
    Brubaker Guitars
    Yeah, that one has the filter based preamp. There's a learning curve with that one, not an intuitive preamp IMO but capable of some very cool sounds.

Congrats.
  18. ballsyhuman

ballsyhuman

That's what I was told. I'm a little intimidated....but my excitement is overshadowing that. I have a feeling this will a great tracking bass.
  19. tjnkoo

tjnkoo

A friend of mine's brother has one. Beautiful bass and he plays it like nobody's business (absolute virtuoso). He's gigged it extensively and even through a crappy old Fender bass amp from the 90's it sounded just huge. He says the preamp is great but he's a lo tech guy and once he got a sound he liked he hasn't touched it, haha (probably a good 2 years without an eq adjustment). Its a pretty instrument aesthetically too, almost like another friend's Mayonnes custom jazz (which is about 2 or 3 grand more expensive).
  20. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Disclosures:
    Brubaker Guitars
    Read up on it, it'll probably start to make sense.