Glasstone cabs

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Brad Johnson, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Disclosures:
    Brubaker Guitars
    Here's mine, a Lil G cab loaded with two Faital Pro 12PR300 12" neo drivers...

[​IMG]

Fairly unconventional cab, the second identical driver is loaded on the top of the bottom port, mounted at a 90 degree angle from the front-firing driver... so basically it looks like a 1-12 cab. 4 ohms, mine is maybe 35 lb. with a detachable dolly. Sounds great with anything we've thrown at it, electric and acoustic bass, keys, guitar, voice, etc. This can hang with most 410 cabs volumewise IME. This has been my only cab since I got it several months ago for any venue, pa or no pa, indoors and out. It handles them all with ease.
  2. hgiles

hgiles

Sell it to me!
  3. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

That lil' G seems like a winner. Dig it. Nice that diffent color options are available (if I remember correctly), and those Faital neo drivers sound very good to me (from hearing them in some of the LDS cabs).

My only comment would be for them to PLEASE change the strap top handle design. I hate not being able to put a small amp on the top of the cab easily. That cab is large enough IMO to put the handles on the side, or use a recessed metal handle on top. Minor thing for most though, but major issue for me and easily fixed.

I'll look forward to hearing one of these. The concept of the two high quality drivers in a small box is always interesting to me, and this execution seems to have dodged the 'lower midrange hump with no real low end' issue of the Schroeder cabs (I assume due to the downfiring versus sidefiring design of this execution, which would seem to allow the tonality of the cab to come from the primary driver, with low end support to come from the downfiring woofer).

Pretty cool!
  4. phillybass101

phillybass101 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Brubaker Guitars, Tecamp Bass Players Gear
    Yes indeed. And he's offering the same config in a 2x10 config. He says he can make a 4ohm (total) 2x10 stack minus one tweeter. Since I already have a 2x12 cab I'm really considering a 2x10 stack instead on the one Lil G. Since slapping is my forte I'm leaning toward the 2x10's stacked.
  5. diglo

diglo Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    BASS4yourFace!
    @ Kjung..... He puts the handles on the side now. That's how my cab came. Also, I have kickback stand on the bottom, which is recessed and can be used to carry cab with also.
  6. diglo

diglo Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    BASS4yourFace!
    By the way, loving this cab. I'm thinking about getting the 115 or another 212 for backup. Currently I only have this one cab.
  7. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

Excellent! Also, every small cab like that should have the kick-back tilt system.

Sounds like they are doing a good job listening to working bassists regarding these 'minor but still important' design issues for working bassists.

Cool!
  8. foderaman

foderaman Supporting Member

What is the pricing on the Lil G ? I sent Sammie a email but never heard back?
  9. NorCal Dog

NorCal Dog Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    unconventional is good, love to see guys come up with sound designs that work, that's why i'm running a BigE cab.

i hope Sammie sells a bunch of these :D

those Brubaker's look incredible btw :bassist:
  10. diglo

diglo Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    BASS4yourFace!
    I'm gonna get another Glasstone, but trying to figure if I should do a 115 or another 212. What you guys think?
  11. Stephent28

Stephent28 Supporting Member

In the Tecamp thread, someone mentioned they were trying the 115 with the Lil G and really liked it.

I'm gonna put mine through the paces at a New Years Eve gig in a club that holds about 200+
  12. diglo

diglo Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    BASS4yourFace!
    Well, I just went with my gut and ordered another Lil G 212. I know, quick decision. Lol
  13. Virgil

Virgil She's My Inspiration

You will have no problem being heard.
  14. Virgil

Virgil She's My Inspiration

The LIL G cost around $799.
  15. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Disclosures:
    Brubaker Guitars
    Any luck with that cab we discussed?
  16. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Disclosures:
    Brubaker Guitars
    I checked out a Lil G/Mini G stack (210 over 212 and no, it hasn't actually been named yet). Just when I thought things couldn't get better... this is a relatively small stack that kicks like a large mule. And this was a Celestion loaded Lil G and Ciare' loaded 210. Sammie definitely loves playing "what if?" and I love being able to test and use his products.
  17. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Disclosures:
    Brubaker Guitars
    He definitely loves getting input which is something I really appreciate about him.

The top strap might be a problem with some larger but lower clearance heads. Haven't run into one that didn't fit but side mount completely avoids that.

BTW I secure my small class D heads by making connections on opposite sides of one Dolly handle. It can vibrate a lightweight head off of it if you don't keep an eye on it.

I do some gigs where the stage is so shallow I practically have my heels against the front of the cab and can still hear the cab very well.
  18. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Disclosures:
    Brubaker Guitars
    The prototype Lil G style 210 cabs. the Lil G 212/210 stack was ridiculous fun in a small package.

[​IMG]

That's my Glasstone 5 string J bass on the left.
  19. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Disclosures:
    Brubaker Guitars
    Thanks, I still love my older Brubakers.
  20. Kopfjaeger

Kopfjaeger Guest

The email on the Glasstone site is undeliverable. Any contact info for Glasstone? I'm very interested in a smallish cab that kicks like a mule!

Sepp