1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

Glasstone Lil G 212 8 ohm

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by smeet, Apr 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smeet

smeet Gold Supporting Member

Great condition 8 ohm Glasstone Li'l G 212. This is a great cabinet, tiny with a huge voice. It looks like a 112, but it has an internal downward-firing 12". Weighs about 35lbs, sounds at least twice the size and weight. Close your eyes and you'll think it's a 410.

This one has the kickback handle. Wonderful sounding cabinet, just not the sound I'm currently going for.

Here's the thread where I bought it: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f127/f-s-pair-8-ohm-glasstone-lil-g-212s-1046077/

I don't have a picture right now, but it looks exactly as it did in that ad.
    I can take some iPhone pics if anyone wants them.

Asking $575 shipped in the ConUS.
  2. lax4bags

lax4bags Gold Supporting Member

3. smeet

Replied.
  4. Brocbass

Brocbass Supporting Member

Pm'd you my friend that was interested lost your number
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. smeet

7. smeet

Bump for a great-sounding, tiny, and loud cabinet.
  8. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass Supporting Member

Does this cab have the 4/8 switch?
  9. smeet

No, I think this cabinet was a custom order, so that it could be played with another 8ohm cabinet for a very loud 4ohm load.

The normal lil G is a 4 ohm cabinet containing two 8ohm drivers. The 4/8 switch turns this into an 8ohm load by simply turning off one of the drivers. So you get a choice between a 4ohm 212 and an 8 ohm 112. This by the way is the only legit way to implement a 4/8 ohm switch.

This cabinet contains 2 16ohm drivers, to make an 8ohm 212. The equivalent switch would turn it into a 16ohm 112, which isn't very useful. But really, even at 8ohms this is a loud and efficient cabinet.

I've found that the efficiency gain from going to 4 ohms is really not that much, and is more than offset by the flexibility of being able to pair two 8 ohm cabinets, which is where you really get your efficiency/sensitivity gain.
  10. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass Supporting Member

Thanks that is actually what I was looking for. I had a 4 ohm 1212L which I traded for an 8 ohm one and you are right there was not a big difference.
  11. smeet

Aaaaaaand, SOLD!!!

Thanks all!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.