1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Glockenklang Blue Soul

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by KJung, Dec 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

Hey guys. Well, I finally did it. After 41 years of gigging, I called it quits. Cancelled the few gigs I had booked already next year, and finishing off the selling of most of my gear (keeping my favorite rig and a couple of basses... who knows what happens down the road:)).

For sale only, NO TRADES, continental US only.

Glockenklang Blue Soul, purchased new from Dan Lenard (Luthiers Access Group) early this year. 10/10 shape (been gigged a bit, but always schlepped by me in the bag).

11 pounds, optional 'rack handles' attached (a bit more protection in the bag and makes it easy to get out of the bag and onto the cab, etc.). 650 watts into 4ohms. Comes with the Glockenklang bag also in 10/10 'as new' shape. I'll also throw in the very nice Glockenklang instrument cable (red!) that Dan sent with the head (probably worth $75 new).

Very unique voicing of big, warm and fat down low, and super clean and hi fi up top. For those with MTD's, Roscoe's, Fodera's, etc., this head kills for uber articulation and accurate, clean tone.

For all the specs, etc. check out the very nice recent review Tom Bowlus did in the issue 12 flip book on the Bass Gear Magazine site.

I believe the new 'discounted' cost of this head with rack ears and bag is $1,850. Priced to sell: SHIPPED FOR $1,450, professionally boxed. Might make sense to ship after Christmas, given all the part time staff at UPS/Fedex, but that will be your call.

I'm old school and do not use Paypal. As long as you've been on the site a while with a bit of positive feedback, a simple personal check is preferred.

A couple pictures to follow below in a minute.
  2. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

3. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Gold Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    137   0   0

I hear you Ken I'm not far behind you. Best wishes for the New Year and I'm sure some TB'er's here are going to get some great gear that is well cared from a good guy. Cheers.
  4. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

Thanks. VERY strange feeling, but it was a great run. Can't quite keep the chops up to my standards at this point, and have finally gotten old enough to not enjoy the book anymore. I figured better to go out while I can still play:)
  5. Docbass1218

Docbass1218 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Sent you a pm
  6. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

PM replied!
  7. Docbass1218

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Not seeing it in my inbox. Maybe there is a lag time?
  8. Marcus Willett

Marcus Willett Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    90   0   0

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Bag End - Dean Markley - Thunderfunk
    Whaaaaaaa......? Dayum! Hope it's going well for ya Ken.
  9. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0

+1

I hope you continue to post your gear thoughts/reviews on TB. You are a great asset to this site.:bassist:
  10. kpc

kpc

0   0   0

Sorry to hear this my friend. I know what your doing. I now only do easy stuff. I have small equiptment (f500 + cn112). Stay on TB if you can. You're a great asset! Happy holiday to you and yours!
  11. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

Thanks everyone! Lots of good friends on this site. I've been doing the slow sell-off for about a year now, and have posted a few times that I'm bringing 'er in for a landing.

As most know who do the freelance thing, you have to commit relatively early for a relatively large number of gigs. As the calls started to come in, and given that I pretty much do road gigs at this point (not much happening in Sheboygan, WI!), I finally made the call!

Wouldn't do a THING different over the last 40 years, except for maybe a bit less ganja in the 70's.
  12. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

Ok, back to the Glock!
  13. Type-55

Type-55 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

Find a hobby band.
    Keep it going.
  14. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

+1. Ken is a class act!

(and free bump!)
  15. leroy diamond

leroy diamond

0   0   0

Best of luck with the sale Ken. Hopefully you will stay with us on Talkbass.
    +1 for one really helpful guy
  16. monsterthompson

monsterthompson Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Monique sale makes more sense now.
    Best of luck.
  17. Docbass1218

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Amazing amp!!! Kicking myself for not being able to make this happen right now. Great amp! Great guy!
  18. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

Still available. No longer on hold!
  19. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    32   0   1

My personal favorite amp sold by a GREAT TB'er. This should be a no brainer to anyone in the market for a high end modern sounding head.
  20. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

Here is a picture of the very nice bag, along with the nice cables I'm including with the deal: High quality, low gauge 12' power cable, 3' top of the line speakon speaker cable, and Glockenklang instrument cable.

Nice 'ready to gig' total package for IMO a very good price. Again, amp, bag and cables in 'as new' condition.

$1,450 shipped in the US.... heck of a deal I think!

[​IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.