Godin A5 Opinions?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bachlover, Jan 14, 2014.

1. bachlover

bachlover Supporting Member

I've gotta learn to stay out of pawnshops. Played the titled bass today and was really impressed by its thumpy double bass tone. Anyone out there in bassland have any opinions on it? ($800 w/hardshell case).

2. Davo-London

Davo-London

I have the A4 fretless. The tone is quite URBy with flats and a nice easy neck to play. The body takes a bit of getting used to. I use mine for Jazz or worship music. I have a Jaco Jazz bass for more funky fretless action. I like the tone, which is why I bought it!

Cheers
    Davo

3. JennySuzuki

JennySuzuki

My first guitar was a Godin Triumph... a six-string, not a bass... and it was a great guitar with a great sound. They do fine work, those Canuks.

4. bachlover

Oh! Canadian! Eh! Didn't realize that.....

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Landy67

Landy67 Gold Supporting Member

I have an A4 Ultra Bass, A6 Ultra Guitar, and an A8 Mandolin. They are awesome! You won't regret buying one! Here are the listings of sold A5's on eBay to give you an idea of price. Godin A5

I just put D'addario tape wounds on my A4 and it is incredible! I had it set up at my local Bass place, and when I picked it up the owner confessed that the employees couldn't put it down. He said it was the most played bass in the place.

On a side note, the Godin A series instruments attracts an incredible amount of interest from other musicians. I've had a tremendous number famous musicians strike up conversations with me after they've seen me with one of them. (you wouldn't believe me if I listed them)

7. bachlover

Thanks man, very helpful. I've got the same strings on my ESP fretless 5 & I keep thinking how awesome they'd sound on the Godin. Think it"s going to be hard to sleep tonight....

8. lpdeluxe

lpdeluxe Still rockin' Supporting Member

I own an A5 Fretless. Great neck, it looks good playing with acoustic guitarists, and it offers a very different sounds from my Precisions and SR 5.

[​IMG]