Godzilla 2014

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by LazyGecko, Apr 7, 2014.

1. LazyGecko

LazyGecko

Is anyone here a Godzilla fan? The new Godzilla movie is coming out and I am SUPER excited for it. I just hope it doesn't disappoint like the last American made Godzilla movie. For anyone who hasn't seen the trailers here you go

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=64c6VLNJQiE#

I am literally counting the days!! :))))

2. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story Supporting Member

I'm always wary of movies that release TV previews this far in advance of their release date.

3. skwee

skwee

I have always loved Gojira! Looking forward to seeing San Francisco get destroyed, as we used to live there!

4. OldDog52

OldDog52

First time I saw the trailer I was super excited, thought hell if the finished movie is half as good as that trailer it'll be great. Then I watched the trailer some more, on larger screens, and it started screaming "dodgy CGI".

I'm cautiously optimistic. It has Bryan Cranston in it so that's a plus. ;)

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. LazyGecko

LazyGecko

Haha yeah I guess Gareth Edwards isn't exactly someone who knows much about good CGI, however, I did hear that it was done by WETA which is an amazing company for CGI so I have my fingers crossed that the finished product will be amazing :hyper:

7. zontar

zontar

Media:
    Albums:
    My main concern is that it won't be cheesy enough for me.

tangentmusic likes this.
  8. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN" Supporting Member

title should read, Godzilla, Part 2014

damn, seems like i've been watching Godzilla movies since my Grand-Father was in high school. i must be getting old. :(

9. hover

hover

Just over a month away adverts are bad? How's that bad? You gotta oil the hype machine... think this movie, so far, looks brilliant, will stay closer to continuing off the original and paying it more respect than the idiotic (yet still fun) movies that came later from TOHO.

Are we so jaded that we cannot get phsyched for a giant monster movie? I'm not so ready to trade in my youth yet.

10. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

I hope it doesn't suck but I'm a big enough fan not to care too much if it does I even liked the last one and the movie I wished they would make would be a movie about Gamera or Ultraman I can see the toy sells now :)

11. RadioactiveGuy4

RadioactiveGuy4

I plan on going to see it. I was a big fan of the last one. This may be a little off topic but was I the only one who got sad when they killed Godzilla in the last movie?

12. rtslinger

rtslinger

Yes and to physic up for this new one I watch a bunch of older ones on Crackle! Godzilla, Mothra, And King Ghidorah,Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S.,Godzilla: Final Wars,Godzilla vs. Mothra,Godzilla vs. Megaguirus,Godzilla (1998) and Godzilla 2000 love the way the people and the buildings are nothing to the folks in charge when it comes to taking out Godzilla.

13. mellowinman

mellowinman Guaranteed to break the Ice at Naughty Parties Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    The problem with Godzilla movies is plotting. You have, basically, Godzilla destroys stuff; Godzilla fights other monsters; Godzilla saves Earth; army tries shooting stuff at Godzilla; Godzilla is pissed, and various human dramas. Other than that, what can you really do with this franchise?

The first movie was pretty good, and as a kid, I liked all the others made from the fifties through the early seventies, but upon rewatching, there appears to be a limit to what you can have Godzilla do.

I'm waiting for Godzilla: The Musical.

14. LazyGecko

LazyGecko

Well, the human drama can vary greatly and I think most Godzilla movies are able to get away with having almost everything in common because it just works well and people like it.

15. macaroni tony

macaroni tony

Not at all. I was very sad.

This Bryan Cranston iteration looks great; can't wait for it to come out! The Ferris Bueller version was a little campy; this one seems to be more about monsters and destruction than that one was

16. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Man I hate that tiny head with that ginormous neck my favorite is still the model from the 60's that Godzilla was more proportioned this model is more like the model from the 90's

17. tangentmusic

tangentmusic A figment of our exaggeration Supporting Member

Yeah... way to much CGI. Not enough "Guy in Rubber 'Zilla Suit".
    I loved the original version with Raymond Burr.

SirMjac28 likes this.
  18. edpal

edpal Banned

Media:
    Albums:
    She said.

SirMjac28 likes this.
  19. edpal

edpal Banned

Media:
    Albums:
    I think Godzilla has lots of potential. They are always saying there is all this biodiversity in nature.
    Godzilla could:
    (a)have serum in his blood to stop cancer,AIDS, something;
    (b)Hi-capacity solar cells in his skin, the source of his incredible power. We could harness that or learn from it;
    (c)Godzilla could be the missing link between lizards and King Kong. Since we are descended from apes(right?), we are kin with Godzilla.
    All hail the Lizard King - fried chicken for all!!

SirMjac28 likes this.
  20. SirMjac28

lol

21. SirMjac28

You had me at Hi-capacity solar cells :)