1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Going all in on 6'ers.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Disclosures:
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I just pulled the trigger on this BTB 676M. I wanna get acclimated fully on a 6'er, and then I'll have a custom built. I heard great things about the BTB's.

Attached Files:

2. Red_Label

Red_Label

My small hands just don't like six-string basses. But I've dug the look of that bass since they first came out. Looks supremely playable!
  3. Thrillhouse

Thrillhouse

Congratulations. Those are some good looking basses and very well equipped for their price. I've been very tempted lately to pick up the BTB 1406E, myself...
  4. Randyt

Randyt Supporting Member

Woodchuck...the 6 string bass is a great tool...but you cant play just four strings of it!!!...you have to commit yourself to it!!!...congrats...I have a custom FBASS...16.0mm bridge spacing!...its great..best bass ever
  5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Disclosures:
    I know. I've been writing a lot of cordial stuff lately, so I think a 6'er is in order. If I get comfortable with it, Gard and Mr. Roscoe will be hearing from me.
  6. Bass_Thumper

Bass_Thumper

That bass looks great and I'm sure you're going to love it. I've heard nothing but great things about those and look forward to trying one myself one of these days. I've been playing an SR 1206e for about a year now and love this bass more and more every time I play it. Just great playability, tone and looks.
  7. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Great bass, I loved mine, put some serious hours into it. Rosewood was only available at the time though, would have loved maple. Do not expect to gig that thing for a full night unless you want a bad back though, those pigs are extremely heavy, I used it for a 3 hour gig once and I was hurtin'. BTB's motto is big body, big tone(, so big weight.) The only gripe I had with mine besides the weight was the frets were cracking by the time I sold it, it was only a couple years old. I really miss the tone though, I could get a great Jaco tone from the bridge pickup.
  8. Ibby

Ibby

I have one with a rosewood fret board! Its amazing.... I have mine strung E-F now since i like playing chords and improvising :)
  9. punisher911

punisher911

I love the BTB 67x basses. They're beautiful. Love the maple board too. I just wish they had the same string spacing as my B206SM..
  10. CoarseBass

CoarseBass

I got the BTB7 for just that reason:D

It is certainly a lot of instrument and a little impractical for most of my playing, but it sounds great E-G and can do that job really well...but with so many more options. I'm really enjoying it.
  11. Solarmist

Solarmist Supporting Member

Congrats on the new Ibby, and you know the rule on NBD pics so you'll have to show us when you get it.
  12. Gard

Gard

Disclosures:
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Watching the phone....still watching.....

....still watching....

;)
  13. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Disclosures:
    Well, the brown truck just left. God, I love the sound of those engines!!! :D Here's the noob 6'er with the main lady, Nicey Lee (Roscoe 5).

Attached Files:

14. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

Good plan.

I bought a used Roscoe SKB3006 a few years ago as my first 6er and it turns out that I am not really a 6 string player. I also owned a less expensive MTD Kingston 6er.... Nope. I am a 5 string guy.
  15. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Disclosures:
    It's good that you at least tried it out. I'm mainly a 5'er, but I played a Roscoe 6 at the GTG, and felt VERY at home on it.