Going all the way.... show your basses over $10000!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Zentner, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Zentner

Zentner Supporting Member

Let's see em! Old, New, Original, Modified, whatever. If you have more than 10k in to an instrument you're not only invested financially, but probably emotionally as well.

I wanna see your life long dream bases, audacious goals, and the bases you might be scared to gig!
  2. Dug2

Dug2 Supporting Member

not sure but, i get the feeling this wont be a really huge thread, other than
    (including myself) onlookers.
  3. snyderz

snyderz Supporting Member

Onlooker. You might get some responses in the $5-7K range, but
    $10K is a rare animal.
  4. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Nobody is stupid enough to actually pay me to play their gear.
    +1

Most Custom Foderas, Ritters, Alembics, Carl Thompsons or other high end new basses rarely cost over $10k street.

Even vintage Fenders have to be early 60's and all original to qualify. Nothing else vintage would come close.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Maxdusty

Maxdusty Supporting Member

I also don't think you'll get a lot of response on this as a lot of people would rather not have people know they have basses over 10K in value even if they do have one.
    Now 10,000 Pesos is a different matter. :)
  7. Baird6869

Disclosures:
    At least the OP didn't title the thread "show your basses over $10,000 and post your address":p
  8. DigthemLows

DigthemLows

post the same question in the Upright forums and you'll have trouble finding many for under 10K ........ :)
  9. Lublin

Lublin Supporting Member

Maybe not in the current market, but my '61 P Bass comes close.

:)
  10. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD

show your basses over 10,000... along with your home address and work schedule.

edit. just saw i was beat to the punch.
  11. Baird6869

Disclosures:
    And I was going to add work schedule as well as vacation schedule. Is the alarm code and the dog's favorite food asking for too much?:D
  12. malthumb

malthumb Supporting Member

My dog's favorite food is Intruder Nuggets.

And my alarm code is 911. But you have to dial it from my home phone and give the lady who answers your name.
  13. superjesus

superjesus Supporting Member

Still no pictures? I figure someone would have posted something by now. Not even a sarcastic Squier picture. :(

/disappointed.
  14. Kazz3lrath

Kazz3lrath

All genuine responses here would be uprights, not electric basses.
  15. Zentner

Zentner Supporting Member

You're all right- there aren't many out there, and this won't be a huge thread!
    It's more a curiosity than anything... lots of people on these forums have Ken Smiths and Jerzy Drozd and Pedullas and Skjolds, and they're all fine instruments- zero disrespect to any of them! Many people own a variety of basses over $5000 on this board too, but an electric bass over $10k is definitely a rare bird, no doubt. This thread isn't designed for bragging rights or anything, just my own interest as to what that kind of $$ gets you. Customized Fodera 6 strings, Ken Lawrence maybe? Carl thompsons? I know there are a few of each on this forum... maybe someone's got a crazy Ken Bebensee? I don't honestly see what the big deal is when people are consistently posting pictures of their collections well over $20000 on this forum.

Regardless, I will post pics of mine first, though I was hoping someone else would...

Carl Thompson 6 string. What makes this one more fancy than other 6's is the wooden adjustable bridge, pickup cover/ramp, 38" scale, body extension, cats eyes, silver wound pickups from Seymour Duncan, high end electronics from audio note, duelund, charcroft, alessandro, and wooden machineheads, knobs, and buttons by THG knobs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers guys.
  16. Maxdusty

Maxdusty Supporting Member

Basses previously owned by Paul McCartney or other famous bass players are some of the only basses I can see hitting this 10K mark other than the some of the holy grail vintage Fender basses.
  17. JimB52

JimB52 User Gold Supporting Member

I could throw 8 or 10 into a pile and that would be worth 10K On a good day.
  18. blowinblue

blowinblue official non-user of Fender and Ampeg Supporting Member

So...since you brought the subject up, exactly how much did you pay for this bass delivered to your door? We wanna know!

M. M. :)
  19. bassbenj

bassbenj

I could throw ALL my basses into a pile and it wouldn't come to $10,000!

Of course the fact that 8 of them are SX basses doesn't much help! :D

If someone wants to grab something worth $10,000 my car would be a much better bet and you don't even have to come in the house to get it.
  20. scuzzy

scuzzy

Media:
    if someone would like to purchase my LTD vintage 204 for $10,000.....I'll post pics asap.
  21. callofcthulhu

callofcthulhu

Oops I dropped it.