1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Going to use tax return to get fuzzy.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ZeroSymbolic, Feb 7, 2013.

1. ZeroSymbolic

ZeroSymbolic

Looking for pedal that will take me from Al Cisneros to Tim Bagshaw. :bassist:
  2. DeltaPhoenix

DeltaPhoenix Supporting Member

Al Cisneros = MountainKing Electronics Megalith (on ShrinesBuilder stuff)
  3. MSUsousaphone

MSUsousaphone Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsed Artist: Myco Pedals
    YAYAYAYAYAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Megalith, ftw.
  4. ZeroSymbolic

ZeroSymbolic

That sounds incredible, but I think if I spend $295 on it, my woman would poison me. lol.
  5. JBNeedsBeer

JBNeedsBeer

Yeah, but it would be worth the money + poison
  6. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

How many of you recommending it have actually played one though? I thought it sounded terrible on bass, just a fizzy incoherent mess and nothing like Al's sound (which is usually a DS-1 in Om as far as I know).
  7. MSUsousaphone

MSUsousaphone Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsed Artist: Myco Pedals
    It certainly isn't just a simple plug and play. There's so many settings. So versatile. Very bawlzy. And it can do fuzzed out fizzy incoherent.....but you can tweak it to do very articulate stuff. There's also an internal trim pot where you can take the pre gain down for less fuzz. I think you can even buy them new with less gain.

In any case, they are expensive. But check out MK's new line of cheaper but less versatile pedals.
  8. pedro

pedro

Huh?
  9. JBNeedsBeer

JBNeedsBeer

I own a Magnetar (gated, yet similar) and wouldn't call it fizzy. More like a big wall of fuzz
  10. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

11. rebelscum

rebelscum

12. DeltaPhoenix

DeltaPhoenix Supporting Member

Guess you couldn't tame it, you have to turn the input knob down to keep articulation. I use a passive bass, maybe that makes a difference. The More Heavy switch adds a blooming effect to the bottom end sometimes. The Megalith is a HUGE sound, too much for some. I have one on my board and don't recommend stuff that I have zero experience with. Notice that I wrote ShrineBuilder on my post, not OM.
    :rollno:
  13. ZeroSymbolic

ZeroSymbolic

Everybody is talking about Al. What about Tim?
  14. squiresuzuki

squiresuzuki

Check out the TOBOR bass fuzz by Halcyon Humanoid Effects...featured today on BassTheWorld. :D
  15. runmikeyrun

runmikeyrun

The venerable Big Muff is a must have for anyone playing that style of music. I have one, trust me. Easy (and fun) to modify to taste if you're up for it, and theres tons of mod instructions and analysis of the circuit on the web. I personally like the USA muffs, and they're cheap ($82 at guitar center and sam ash). If you're getting a very large return, a green russian is the way to go, but don't buy one until you've played it... they all have a little different character.