Gold Aerodynes?!?!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by naaily, Mar 8, 2014.

1. naaily

naaily

Hey guys,

I was just browsing eBay and I came across some amazing new gold aerodynes... And they look AMAZING. I was just wondering if anyone had any info on these basses. Like, are they a limited run or something? I couldn't seem to find any info on the internet... (But I'm sure we can all agree they look rocking!!!):bassist:

2. MarkoYYZ

MarkoYYZ Supporting Member

I saw those too, very nice looking indeed.

They're part of the Japanese line of non-export basses, meaning they are for the Japan market only. If you want one, then eBay or one of tbe online retailers that is willing to ship are going to be the way to nab one. They do seem to have special color runs, so it's probably a limited thing that won't always be available.

I have 2 non-export Aeros and they are great basses. Love the Japanese spec Jazz necks.

3. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

Pretty sure those are non export models meaning made for japan and japan only they are not sent over to America. It has a pickguard right? anyone with a pickguard is for japans domestic markets.

4. naaily

naaily

Whoah!! You have two?!?! I'm jealous :p. But yeah, I knew they were a Japan only model. My query was more about the colour. Cos I've never seen a gold one before.:bassist:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

7. naaily

naaily

Hey again Malak.

Great news!!! My dad has some contacts in Japan and he's gonna see if one of em can ship him over a gold 'dyne!!! Now I just have to make sure they don't accidentally ship over a JJ medium scale 'dyne :p

8. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass Supporting Member

That gold Aerodyne would go well with a gold iPhone.

9. TheAnalogKid

TheAnalogKid Yer Doin' GREAT!!!! Supporting Member

Dat Blue!!!!

10. naaily

naaily

Have you seen the 2014 Ltd edition model?!?! Its looks godly!!! The one thing that's out of place, however, is the clear pickguard. It just looks a bit... weak, if you know what I mean.

11. Daniel Piper

Daniel Piper Supporting Member

12. Malak the Mad

I know what you mean. Although I like a nice pickguard, aesthetically speaking though…I don't use a pick, this is an example of a bass I'd like to see without a guard getting in the way of such a beautiful finish. Think something along the lines of the Jaco Pastorius tribute basses. So in this case, I'd love to see one with the gold hardware and control plate, but no guard or holes drilled for one.

And yes, it is quite a godlike beauty! :cool:

13. jbd5015

jbd5015 Cool cars & Bass guitars Supporting Member

uuuggggh...just when i thought i was hooked on p-basses for ever. I love the look of the japanese market aeros. the USA ones had that silly stratocaster jack plate.

i think ill end up with one of these eventually, but for a few hundred bucks more i can get a brand new G&L LB100 custom built USA.

14. musicmutt_uk

musicmutt_uk

I Bought my Japanese made Fender Aerodyne Jazz finished in candy apple red in 2007 .. When I got it home I played my American made Fender jazz and the Aerodyne back to back through my Behringer BX4500H Bass amp with 4x10 and 1x15 cabs the Aerodyne beat the American hands down on the same settings for tone/sound and it's suitability for my favourite genres of music, that being blues/rock/jazz and that friends was the day I decided to sell my American made Fender jazz that !'d owned for quite a few years .. I still have the Aerodyne and will not part with it .. if I decide to bay another Fender Bass I'm sure it would be another Japanese built version .. Don't get me wrong I've tried the MIM's Fender's, I've owned the American made Jazz and precision I'm not knocking them they are good, I just prefer my Japanese made Fender Aerodyne so I guess it's down to personnel Choice .. :bassist:

15. Toptube

Toptube

I like the Gun-Metal Blue

16. Marial

Marial Pooped Gold Supporting Member

Which online retailers might these be? :ninja:

17. Malak the Mad

Hey now…I like the strat-jack! :eyebrow:

And to dig up some of my old art-school training, it "fills up the negative space" nicely and in a way that sets it apart from…well, just about every other Fender bass there is.

18. THORRR

THORRR Supporting Member Supporting Member

I really like the Strat Jack on my Black Aerodyne. It's totally
    practical, and sexy looking on a Jazz Bass.

In fact, I wouldn't mind if all my Jazz basses had one!

:bassist::bag:

19. naaily

naaily

I prefer the strat jacks too. It makes it much easier to plug in and remove the cable at speed :p.

If only the 2014 ltd edition model was the same price as a standard aerodyne...:(

20. TheAnalogKid

TheAnalogKid Yer Doin' GREAT!!!! Supporting Member

If you are referring to the Koa-topped Jazz, I can totally see that. The clear scratchplate is uncalled for! It does nothing for me, unless removed, then it's much better. :D:D

In another vein, it ticks me off that the Japan Fenders are otherwise unavailable in the US market (unless you import one and go thru the rigamarole to get it out of the country, etc.). I love matching headstocks!

21. Malak the Mad

Exactly that one!
    http://www.fenderjapan.co.jp/ajb_g_koa.html

I'd love to see it done Jaco-style; no guard or screw holes for it. Just nice, clean and beautiful.

This statement is entirely and 100% full of WIN.