1. Welcome to the premier online community and classifieds for bass players!

Register a free account to post, remove lots of ads, and more!

Gold P bass pick up cover?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by bigshiny, Nov 17, 2013.

1. bigshiny

bigshiny

Nov 18, 2010
    St Louis metro
    So the only one I've seen says it's for Jazz or Precision Bass.
    Really? Seriously?
    I have an old Pbass special with all old gold hardware. I play with pretty heavy gauge flats closer to the neck anyway and thought "why not a gold p/u cover". Don't want to spend a mint on it because I'll need to do some relicing to it make not look so obviously new. But not seeing much out there. Anybody?

2. bigshiny

bigshiny

Nov 18, 2010
    St Louis metro
  3. Grissle

Grissle

May 17, 2009
    I've often wondered why there aren't any chrome P/J pup covers made? I suppose they may be a little difficult to make with metal because of the ears on them. And people might not dig chromed plastic?

4. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    I have an '82 Precision Special that I got both gold covers for a long time ago. I had to order them from the Fender replacement parts dealer catalog.

5. Sponsored by:

6. landau roof

landau roof Reupholstered User

Jul 29, 2010
    Downstate CA
  7. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

I am bumping this because I too am looking for a gold precision pickup cover. I bought the one on ebay, it is just for jazzes. It is not intended for any kind of precision bass.

Somebody somewhere has to make one... don't they? I can find gold bridge covers all day long, just not one single pickup cover.