Gold P bass pick up cover?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by bigshiny, Nov 17, 2013.

1. bigshiny

bigshiny

So the only one I've seen says it's for Jazz or Precision Bass.
    Really? Seriously?
    I have an old Pbass special with all old gold hardware. I play with pretty heavy gauge flats closer to the neck anyway and thought "why not a gold p/u cover". Don't want to spend a mint on it because I'll need to do some relicing to it make not look so obviously new. But not seeing much out there. Anybody?

2. bigshiny

bigshiny

3. Grissle

Grissle

I've often wondered why there aren't any chrome P/J pup covers made? I suppose they may be a little difficult to make with metal because of the ears on them. And people might not dig chromed plastic?

4. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

I have an '82 Precision Special that I got both gold covers for a long time ago. I had to order them from the Fender replacement parts dealer catalog.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. landau roof

landau roof Reupholstered User Supporting Member

7. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

I am bumping this because I too am looking for a gold precision pickup cover. I bought the one on ebay, it is just for jazzes. It is not intended for any kind of precision bass.

Somebody somewhere has to make one... don't they? I can find gold bridge covers all day long, just not one single pickup cover.