1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Gone Gone Gone bass tab

Discussion in 'Tablature [BG]' started by JWP, Nov 15, 2012.

1. JWP

JWP

Looking for the bass tab for Gone Gone Gone - the Alison Krauss/Robert Plant version.

I know - it could not be MORE straight forward. Just a few things on the timing on the chord changes I want to check out.

Thanks all! JWP

2. JaamE

JaamE Owner of the GK Angry Bird amp Supporting Member

My band has been trying it, they just have me alternating root/5th with the chords though.

We haven't tried it in a while though, the singer never seems to have it together or have practiced it. I wanted to try root/octave next time and see if that had more of the upright sound that we're trying to get out of me and if it was any easier for me to fret. Because after a few times through that my fingers are shaking.

well dang, it wont let me attach the Word file :(

3. JWP

JWP

Hey thanks JaamE. We are going to run through it in a few weeks. I will work on a few variations and let you know if any of them work. Really dig that tune...looking forward to hearing our vocalists work through it...

4. JaamE

JaamE Owner of the GK Angry Bird amp Supporting Member

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. spursboy96

spursboy96

Hi, i have been asked to learn this song on bass. I cant find any tabs anywhere and this is the closest place i think i will be able to get one. Do you have a tab for this song or know where i can get one from?

Thanks

7. obimark

obimark

I must be missing something here?

the upright bass plays- A C E G whole notes the whole way through the song (basically the bass part to the classic "Fever", other than when the bass doesn't play.
    Is there another bass part somewhere in the song?

This is a prime example of restrained playing.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014