1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

SOLD GONE MTD Marilyn 635-24 fretted

Discussion in 'For Sale: Europe & International' started by vilkai, Apr 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vilkai

vilkai

Time to simplify.

This bass has makore/rescued-from-lake-bottom-redwood body and a maple/ebony neck and the custom options that have the biggest sonic are the chambers that make this a Marilyn and the Ghost piezo bridge.

The tone is big and round with extended lows and highs form maple, ebony and redwood that also add focus. There's a lot of material to sculpt from and the electronics are stupidly powerful with 2 magnetic and a piezo that can be blended to any mix. EQ affects piezo signal as well as magnetic pickup signal. Very, very, responsive to touch. No lack of attack or cut through the mix with this bass.

For those of us who play solos and chords from time to time: this bass has excellent balance throughout the register and is the first bass that I've had from dozens of high end basses where chord tones are in tune. The difference is dramatic when you play the first chord.

Lots of pricey options and these take a long time to get once you've put in an order.

Absolute mint condition. Edit: Now asking EUR3500 shipped to European destinations, MTD hard case in mint condition included, parcel size limits permitting.

edited to add: Can't make the linked photo show up. Please click the link below. :)

More pics https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e46iequwf6ovpb8/5n4umI2Wsb

edited to add: For the inevitable trade offers: MTDs are a fairly well-known and loved brand. If the trade bait is a less well known and loved brand, this would have to be reflected in the trade values. That is, as lovely as that one-off custom by someone still building the brand is, I have to look at this from a resale angle: few builders have the market recognition Michael Tobias has. Trades for MTDs are pretty much the only interesting trade.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  2. vilkai

vilkai

The tone is pretty versatile. I have some audio clips, please ask via PM!
  3. vilkai

vilkai

Bump - I'll put up a new price & embedded photos later today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.