1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Good affordable tremolo?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by hrodbert696, Dec 1, 2012.

1. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Supporting Member

Not a huge effects user, but I'm thinking of picking up a tremolo pedal. The particular effect I'm thinking of is what you get on "Next Girl" by the Black Keys. Budget is limited, so can anyone recommend what's best of the under-$200 (and preferably under-$150) pedals? I'm looking at the Hardwire TR-7 and the Boss TR-2 so far, but open to suggestions. Thanks!

2. caeman

caeman The Root Master

Cool Cat Tremolo
    Wilson Trem-Mellow
    Dr. Scientist Tremolessence (used)

And many more. At $150 or less, you have very nearly the entire market at your disposal.

3. knumbskull

knumbskull

4. tastychoice

tastychoice

Love pedal babyface, sounds great, tiny enclosure, you can adjust the speed knob with your foot. I've been very happy with this unit.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. pedrodelawasp

pedrodelawasp

Danelectro Tuna Melt is cool and very cheap

7. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Supporting Member

Thanks y'all - I'll continue looking. More recommendations still welcome! They don't seem to make any of these specifically for bass - do any have trouble with bottom-end frequencies?

8. G.Bisson

G.Bisson Supporting Member

ElectroHarmonix Pulsar

I've been wanting to pick up a tremolo lately but have been short of funds. Really want the EBS TremoLo, but the Pulsar is sooo much cheaper.

9. wdinc01

wdinc01

Tremolos you don't really have to worry about bottom-end loss, since it only effects your volume.

I recently tried a CoPilot FX Polypus and I really dig it. I might use that to replace my current trem pedal. What's nice about it is there's different wave forms, so if one day you want a traditional sine wave, and the next you want some crazy random stuttery kind of stuff, you have that option. Also, it's $150 new.

10. Laurent

Laurent Supporting Member

Behringer TP300.
    No kidding.

11. tigerbass

tigerbass Supporting Member

Fuzzrocious Tremorslo. Made for bass, (but sounds awesome with guitar as well) and can have 2 different settings via 2nd footswitch.
    Ryan doesn't make these anymore but they pop up used from time to time. You could even put up a WTB thread.

I've tried alot and this totally ended my search. Plus Shannon did a wicked paint job on it!

12. tigerbass

tigerbass Supporting Member

This is a Happy Trippy little ditty I wrote featuring the Fuzzrocious Tremorslo tremolo pedal.
    My acoustic guitar and drums are obviously clean,
    Then the bass, low synth bass, organ bass, and hi wah synth bass all have the Tremorslo on them.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014